Anyone interested in playing some modded minecraft?

Unfortunate. Just for informational purposes, what video card do you have that Forge is conflicting with?

yeah, that's not "too few cards". Could be a driver quirk though; I presume you've tried updating to the latest ones? (side note - check both EVGA and straight from nvidia; one or the other might have better handling for the case)

Last edited:
yah I've updated. Its forge, because theres no problem without forge. Heres one of the forge modders statements on this issue

"It only happens in so few users and it's difficult to try and get novices to sit down and do the debugging tasks that we need."

"It looks like the issue is caused by your global graphics settings have adaptive vsync enabled. Which forces in the native level the slowdown of some GL calls."

yep, sounds like typical minecraft modder response... "it's not specifically our mod, so you're f*cked.".

at the same time, sounds like shitty programming practices/IDGAF, since for this bug to actually be an issue it sounds like they are relying on the framerate for timings. Rule 1 of game programming: don't lock shit to a user's hardware capabilities... of course vsync is going to delay GL calls to keep shit in sync with your refresh rate.

hahaha wow. syncing stuff to local refresh rate... ew. I've definitely noticed some major slowdowns in my area as well, and I don't have 1/10 of the stuff Stat has. My computer isn't a joke either (though the amount of time it takes to load this copy of MC concerns me at times).

Reechard go into the config's open splash.properties and change "splash screen=true" to false. This will greatly reduce the amount of loading time for the game.

Honestly I wouldn't have figured out it was forge if my friend hadn't told me about this issue. I doubt many people do realize this.

Weird. I'm assuming its specific to the EVGA card, because my MSI GTX950 doesnt have any problems. Of course, I have vsync turned off, so that might affect it as well.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8808 Online 707 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom