Biggest A-hole ever?

Statboy

Resident Cueball
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...birthday-party-that-broke-her-wrist/73867150/

I hereby nominate this asshole for biggest asshole ever. This fully grown woman sues her 8 year old nephew for exuberantly jumping into her arms at his 8th birthday party causing her to fall and break her wrist. Here is her description of the event.

“All of a sudden he was there in the air, I had to catch him and we tumbled onto the ground,” Connell testified. “I remember him shouting, ‘Auntie Jen I love you,’ and there he was flying at me.”

The boy who is now 12, was taken to the court appearance by his father since his mother had died the previous year. The woman claims he was being negligent and careless, she also claims that while hosting a party she had trouble holding the hors d’oeuvre plate because of the injury (see definition of first world problems). An 8 year old boy being sued for negligence and carelessness, a year after his mother dies.

I actually JUST posted a link to this on my FaceBook. Thankfully the Jury found against the aunt. However, why is this even a thing?! She testified that "there are rules for children in society" and "he should have known better". WHAT?! He was 8! At his birthday party!

Anybody can be sued at anytime for anything. Doesn't mean they'll win but they can drag you to court and make you hire a lawyer.

I don't know that I would have hired one. I think I would have stood up in front of the jury and said "I think the plaintiff has said everything that needs to be said, and I think the ridiculous nature of the case speaks for itself. Thank you." and that would have been the entirety of the defense.

No the biggest asshole is the feminazi who sued a man who rescued her life because she claims he touched her boob. This vlog describes it, but I can't find any other credible source other than her own youtube channel.

America does not have the market cornered on stupid lawsuits. one of my favorites is from the UK Jaffa cakes sued the government claiming it was a biscuit and not a cake (different taxes for different foods is a thing in the UK)

America does not have the market cornered on stupid lawsuits. one of my favorites is from the UK Jaffa cakes sued the government claiming it was a biscuit and not a cake (different taxes for different foods is a thing in the UK)

To be fair, I can almost see a speck of logic in such a claim.

Makes a video about a guy touching her boobs while saving her life, wears a low cut shirt that shows ultimate cleavage.

Has to be a fake video lol

Totally false. Well, not specifically FALSE per se. Rather, she created this video as a satirical piece highlighting the outrageous claims of the liberal feminist movement. She initially published this to the The Stately Harold, which IS a satirical website, and if you search for this chick's bio online, you will find that her Twitter handle lists her as an author of satirical, controversial topic pieces.

but I can't find any other credible source other than her own youtube channel.

Yea I couldn't find anything either...for the first 1.3 seconds of my Google Search.../facepalm

I heard about that one on QI. There's more to the story that involves the definition of a biscuit vs a cake, what it's made of etc.

http://qz.com/526941/if-you-sensed-...ued-her-nephew-you-were-right/?utm_source=YPL

Well apparently she is not the biggest Asshole ever. According to this story she sued in order to make his parents liability insurance pay. They initially offered her $1, so she sued. The lawyer explains that "Although Connell was suing her nephew, any compensation would have been paid by liability insurance–as is the case with most tort lawsuits in the United States", also that "[Connelly] was never looking for money from her nephew or his family. It was about the insurance industry and being forced to sue to get medical bills paid". This would raise the homeowners insurance rates for the father, no word on if he is ok with it or not.

Now the Statboy must print a retraction...

I saw something the other day on imgur, posted by a lawyer, and backed up by a couple more lawyers, that stated that her medical bills were only feasibly like 1/10 of the amount of damages she was seeking, and the other 9/10 was "loss of happiness" or "pain and suffering" or whatever you call it, and that yes, she is indeed a greedy piece of garbage, because the dollar amounts involved would have been much lower if it was an insurance-initiated tort suit.

http://qz.com/526941/if-you-sensed-...ued-her-nephew-you-were-right/?utm_source=YPL

Well apparently she is not the biggest Asshole ever. According to this story she sued in order to make his parents liability insurance pay. They initially offered her $1, so she sued. The lawyer explains that "Although Connell was suing her nephew, any compensation would have been paid by liability insurance–as is the case with most tort lawsuits in the United States", also that "[Connelly] was never looking for money from her nephew or his family. It was about the insurance industry and being forced to sue to get medical bills paid". This would raise the homeowners insurance rates for the father, no word on if he is ok with it or not.

Now the Statboy must print a retraction...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(7469 Online 392 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom