Changes to the Permission System

VintagePC

GodModePC
VF4-S (Server Operator)
Forum Operator
Minecraft Operator
Global Moderator
Staff Member
Here's the official low-down on the permissions overhaul I've been working on.

Basically, some things (e.g. sourcebans permissions, staff area access) used to be tied together to the same setting. What I've done is broken things down to a far more granular level which will give us a finer control over these things.

I have already implemented the changes to the forums, and things should be as they were before, from everyone's perspective. I still need to make some changes to Sourcebans and cosmetic things like the Staff Directory, but that should be separate and unaffected by this. In addition, we're going to be automating Minecraft permissions (and whitelisting) at some point as well (wohoo!) If you're not sure, I'll list below what _should_ be in effect:

Moderators:
  • Access to Staff forums
  • Green username
  • Moderator controls for the forum(s) you are moderating. Global mods should have controls everywhere.
Source (TF2/GMOD) Admins:
  • Access to Staff forums
  • Gold username
  • Admin permissions in-game (sourcebans)
Minecraft Admins & other staff without srcds permissions:
  • Access to Staff forums
  • Gold username
Supporters:
  • In-game perks (via Sourcebans)
  • Access to VIP forums
  • Bold blue username
Competitive Players:
  • Access to competitive forums
  • Teal username
Let's play posters:
  • Ability to post to the Let's Play video forum.

There may be exceptions to these things - if you had access to something before and it's now gone (or you see something you shouldn't have access to), give me a shout and I'll get things sorted.

Update: Sourcebans Sync script has been rewritten to reflect these things.

Let me know if you run into any problems (no perms, no perks when you should have them, etc.).

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6334 Online 420 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom