Cheese's Challenges.

Cheese4Everyone

Ambassador to our Sentient Dairy-Based Overlords
Hey guys!

I actually just played on a Vault F4 server for the first time today and had a total blast! Anyway while playing I decided to start a little game with everyone. Basicly I just kind of invented some challenges while playing and if the player completed them they won an item or a hat. Anyway everyone seemed to be pretty jazzed about the idea but the mechanic was a bit shakey and it messed up gameplay. I'd like to keep doing this and I need your help to come up with ideas for challanges that won't interfer with gameplay.

I'd like to keep this totally free so I'll do it whenever I have spare hats and items to use as prizes. I'll try and be on whenever I can on the Vault F4 announced event servers.

I met Cheese 4 Everyone in our Dustbowl server today and he was interested in running some events and I think that its a great idea! I would love to get the community involved and set some events for everyone. We can pool some TF2 items and set up events with set rules for games that will run smoothly for everyone to enjoy.

So I would love for everyone to put forth some ideas of events we can run on TF2 that won't break the experience for players who are just trying to play the game and might not be interested in the event. So PLEASE everyone post any ideas you have. Some examples include Heavy Boxing: If you're interested in participating, roll a heavy with boxing gloves and find another heavy and duke it out. Or a target match: PersonX(1 on each team) volunteers to be a target and we set a certain number of kills to achieve on that person to get a prize.

I would like to welcome Cheese to the community! I loved the enthusiasm today! I hope you you like our community and can find a home here. Now Vaultf4, lets step up and come up with some great ideas! =)

Welcome to VaultF4! Glad to hear your first experience was a positive one, you're quite welcome to do these events/challenges as you wish.

I don't know if this might help, but we do periodically have events on our Srs Bsns and PropHunt servers, and the gameplay style for those is a little more suited for giving away items for certain actions/gameplay challenges. We did one a little while ago where people had a chance to win a hat by orbiting a nuke in Dodgeball, to name an example.

The best server for things like Heavy Boxing or Melee only is Arena.

Welcome to the Vault I am The Admiral of the Space Fighters! I think this idea could be cool.

Yeah I like doing this stuff. I have spent some time on Rawr Trade Servers and they do weekely events that really help to bring people to the server. However the timing for them is horrible always arounf like 1 or 2 in the morning and they are run relatively poorly...lots of admin abuse. Anyway I have always wanted to host this stuff and I have played for about two years now and have built up a small collection of unused items soooo...hey why not have fun!

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6486 Online 450 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom