Classic Tf2 Night?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by VintagePC, Nov 27, 2012.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

How's the interest in having a "classic" TF2 night?

What this would consist of is taking a completely stock TF2 server/map rotation and removing ALL unlocks from it - stock weapons only. Depending on how easy this is to setup, it may or may not allow unlockable hats. Because people don't want to be poor and irish, amirite?

Probably look at doing it this saturday or sunday, if I can get things sorted in time, otherwise, maybe next week.

2. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I would LOVE this. I play stock spy to begin with, and without all your newfangled spykilling weapons you will be PUTTY IN MY HANDS. THE WORLD WILL BE MINE AND YOU WILL ALL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED ME. I WILL DEVOUR YOUR MINDS AND MY KNIFE WILL BE THE LAST THING YOU FEEL.

yeah I'm ok with this idea.

3. Hobbo

Hobbo Achievement Hunter

Yup, all for this. Saturday would be the best, or Sunday after 9pm.

4. Insanity

Insanity Moderator of ALL the things VF4 Supporter

vanilla tf2, oh yea sign me up

5. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

Why yes I would love to set Reechard on fire.

6. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

What he said! Oh wait...I already do that :)

7. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Pfft. I can do that better than you. :roflmao
    <?php if....

8. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

It is SO on!

9. VintagePC

I wonder if this would attract enough attention to make a permanent server out of it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ephex

Ephex Well-Known Member

This would be amazing, I think Sunday evening would be best for it, since some people go out and do whatever on Saturdays. I'm in.

11. RawrSpoon

RawrSpoon Well-Known Member

Stock only? That's going to make skill disparity on the server be glaringly obvious as well as severely gimp both engie and pyro

I'm trying to say I'm in.

12. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

Break out the beer and mexican food!!!! its time for classic TF2!!

13. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I think engies would still be able to move their stuff, so they won't QUITE as gimped. I don't think we can disable that at al, but the pyro's direct upgrade weapons won't be around, or the dead ringer + enforcer + icicle spies with their hax weapons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

Our fat scouts will blot out the sun.

15. Twismyer

Twismyer Well-Known Member

But that would mean no huntsman...how would i kill people?

16. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

I realized this does not affect me much other then no jarate I like stock for all my classes o.o

17. RawrSpoon

RawrSpoon Well-Known Member

Uhh, pyro's "direct upgrade weapons" are the only thing making pyro viable as a class thank you very much. He has zero burst, poor mobility, and poor range.

And engineers? They can move their shit, sure, but the lack of wrangler on defense means it's more effective to be a heavy and the lack of gunslinger on offense means it's more effective to be a scout.

18. CaptSpiffy

CaptSpiffy Best Moderator NA

about as well as you do currently, I'd imagine.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. VintagePC

Server is LIVE. 99.198.110.3

20. VintagePC

So we've found two known issues with this server:
    1. Red tape recorder is not blocked. Nothing I can do without modifying the plugin, I'll try to fix it at some point.

2. Engineer wrenches: Because valve makes sentries blow up when you change wrenches, if you do not have a stock wrench equipped, then your sentries will blow up every time you touch a supply cabinet - since the plugin "changes" your non-stock wrench to stock.

• Informative Informative x 1