FreeFrag back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lonesome killer, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Just got an email saying FreeFrag website will be back up but no game servers. Is this fake?

2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

It seems that way. This has NOTHING to do with us (myself/reechard/lava) and I knew nothing of it until now, and there is NO affiliation with VF4.

3. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Who controls the site?

4. RD1981

RD1981 Well-Known Member

seems like Net re-opened it he answered some posts.

5. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS VF4 Supporter Tabletop GM

Net is the one now controlling Freefrag. I read a post Mak made on Facebook and that is what brought this to my attention.

6. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I just got home for the evening, after this topic was brought to my attention late this morning. I've been contemplating what to say, and honestly, I have very little to say. Yes, Net put freefrag.com back up. VaultF4 and Operating As Intended have ZERO affiliation to FFN whatsoever. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

That's really all there is to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

The really cool part is the old old old old topics still exist.

This makes me happy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Razer

Razer Well-Known Member Member from long ago...

I find it amusing that my account over there was deleted, as was Maks, especially considering that still have the paperwork that says I'm one of the owners.

9. Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion Achievement Hunter

Suddenly during TF2 Highlander practice Colax speaks up and asks about an email where "FreeFrag putting up servers soon" or something to that effect. And then it happened to be true instead of a cruel joke...I do not even.

Seems like there were quite a few deletions.

10. Carcajou

Carcajou Achievement Hunter

I have one thing to say...

Da Fuq??

Also Razer... we were in that area today...Forgot your days off otherwise we woulda stopped in :(

11. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Every single former op account was deleted. I'm not too worried if they put up gameservers, they'll have to find a server guy first, because we all know what happened the last time FFN had no server guy.... but my face is about every shade of WTF right now.

12. Carcajou

Carcajou Achievement Hunter

Hmmm

I dun think they like me!! :(

13. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

every op/admin....i think someone didn't want to screw with perms of old users who had slightly higher than normal access.

Geoff may be happy the old content is available, but I find it insulting, and a *lot* of people are upset by this.

14. VintagePC

somebody needs to learn2forum. :D

15. Wicked

Wicked Active Member

Eh I think its really awesome to see all the old posts. Reading things that were being talked about when FFN was in its first year is lots of fun. And even though i lost my account that doesnt bother me.

16. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I have further information now, it takes manual (dangerous) database edits to remove full admins from VB's forum software, and it's safer just to delete those accounts than to try and manually reassign them.

17. VintagePC

source? otherwise imma call bs on that statement.

18. Reechard

From Net, it was a giant pain in the ass part of moving from VB to phpBB, rather than in VB itself. That's how a lot of accounts disappeared, period. If you remember correctly, there were quite a few fully-deleted posts that screwed things up royally in the DB, so I'm sure that conversion didn't go smoothly and things are gonna be messed up.

19. VintagePC

I don't think I was part of that transition so I don't remember those problems. Still seems counter intuitive that it's not possible to demote an admin in the forum software.

20. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

actually they are hardcoded into some php config files so even if you remove their permissions via database edits, the config files override it incase of SQL injection.
    safety first guys

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.