[Resolved] FTB Error and Disconnect

Discussion in 'Server/Forum Help' started by .silence., May 10, 2013.

1. .silence.

.silence. Vault Hunter

I am still unable to play FTB. I can load it, log on to the server... but then I can't interact with anything and the map is super slow to load. This is the error(s) that the console spits back at me:

2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

that area loads really slow for me too, it seems to be something there. I don't get disconnected, but still a problem.

How many machines do you guys have in that area? I know ghost is having similar issues elsewhere.

3. .silence.

.silence. Vault Hunter

I don't know exactly how many I have. A lot? Plenty of people have as many, if not more, and can still play without issue. I could play with the same amount of machines up until today, and all I was doing was bee-keeping when I started having issues.

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, not saying it's definitely the issue, it's just a possibility we have to keep in mind because you guys are clustered close together.

I'll investigate more tomorrow, my internet seems to be spotty tonight.

5. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at com.eloraam.redpower.core.ItemExtended.d(ItemExtended.java:33)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at up.i(Item.java:458)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at up.l(Item.java:600)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at ur.r(SourceFile:334)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at atr.a(GuiIngame.java:406)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:982)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:884)
    2013-05-10 22:42:54 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    at com.eloraam.redpower.core.ItemExtended.d(ItemExtended.java:33)
    at up.i(Item.java:458)
    at up.l(Item.java:600)
    at ur.r(SourceFile:334)
    at atr.a(GuiIngame.java:406)
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:982)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:884)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Can you move me with WorldEdit back to spawn or something? I think that may help both silence and I

6. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

For the most part I didn't have any trouble being in that area, but when I did finally get a disconnect, it happened over and over again. Keep me posted, and I'm sorry you are having trouble playing silence :(

7. McLovin

McLovin IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!11

Silence can you try the following:

Open FTB Launcher
    Options tab
    Advanced Options

In the additional parameters put:

-XX:MaxPermSize=128m

8. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

It looks like Silence and I are both fine again. I asked Reechard to delete my user.dat, Silence is a magician.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. VintagePC

Looks like it may have just been a connection hiccup somewhere then, I've made no server changes yet nor investigated more.