Games From the Vault: Hidden and SourceForts!!

VintagePC

GodModePC
VF4-S (Server Operator)
Forum Operator
Minecraft Operator
Global Moderator
Staff Member
header.jpg

sf.jpg

As you may have noticed we've brought back some rather unique HL2 mods.... "Games from the vault" if you will :)

First up is an oldie we've had before: Hidden! This time around we've resolved some of the issues with the previous install.

Also up is Sourceforts - a game where you build your team a fort and then defend it from your opponents- similar to the FortWars mod we used to run on Srs Bsns.

Both games require you to install Source SDK 2006 from the Tools menu, and then the appropriate installers:

Hidden:Source: http://www.hidden-source.com/downloads.htm
SourceForts (fixed): http://www.sourceforts2.com/downloads/releases/SFFixed_0.3b.exe

After that, fire up, connect (servers are on gs3.vaultf4.com:27015 and 27016, respectively) and enjoy!

If you are having issues connecting and getting a version error, connect via the steam server browser or the console instead, don't use the in-game browser. It's a known bug with no ETA to fix unless I can hack something up to resolve it.

Last edited:
Update: Version errors *should* be resolved on Hidden, if it runs for a while without issues I'll apply the fix to SourceForts as well.

Hey, I have the fix for Sourceforts. Hit me up at steamcommunity /id/KGQ/

We fixed the master server list issue with a custom sourcemod/metamod plugin. The version issue is just the version you're installing... I'll get a pack together if someone hits me up.. I may have the max # of friends on steam so leave a post on my wall if you're interested..

This site wouldn't let me post a link, so add the missing part :/...

Hey, I have the fix for Sourceforts. Hit me up at steamcommunity /id/KGQ/

We fixed the master server list issue with a custom sourcemod/metamod plugin. The version issue is just the version you're installing... I'll get a pack together if someone hits me up.. I may have the max # of friends on steam so leave a post on my wall if you're interested..

This site wouldn't let me post a link, so add the missing part :/...

Appreciate the offer, but I've simply been too busy to actually apply the fix to our Sourceforts server. I really should do that sometime. Hopefully tomorrow :)

I cannot connect to the server through the server browser (steam client) or using half life 2 deathmatch console please help me out haha, been trying at this for like a week now

I cannot connect to the server through the server browser (steam client) or using half life 2 deathmatch console please help me out haha, been trying at this for like a week now
You can't connect via HL2DM, you need the actual mod and SourceSDK 2006 installed.

If you're having issues with Hidden, let me know along with any errors you get, but if the issue is with sourceforts - sit tight, I intend to get around to patching that tomorrow evening.

~Vintage

OK, should be fixed! Enjoy!

Woop, now if we could only get people on to play it.
It's very similar to the fortwars mod we used to run on Srs Bsns, and I believe that this was also the inspiration for fortwars.

Also, AFAICT, we're one of only three listed servers in existence... it's quite possible the mod is simply not played anymore.

Last edited:
OK, rocketeer class has been disabled because the SLAM crashes servers. If I can find a way to strip that weapon alone I will, but for now the entire class is off-limits.

SLAMs alone are disabled, enjoy your rocketjumping! :p

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9711 Online 669 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom