Gameserver Scheduled Downtime

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by Reechard, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

[​IMG]

Hello Folks! The gameserver will be down for 8/11 (and possibly part of 8/12) so that our "datacenter" can have new flooring installed. This will include Mumble/TS, but the website/shoutbawks will be up and working.

Thanks!
    The Management

• It's a trap! It's a trap! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Dammnit, why is my IT budget being spent on new flooring? That subfloor still had a good sisteenth of an inch left to rot through! :p :D

3. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

lol the current floor is concrete, they're putting in shiny new tile. dang uppity datacenters and their dang cosmetic changes.

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

wa-heyyyyy... natascha's got class now :D

5. English

English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

So... I never remember experiencing any down time?

6. VintagePC

That's what she said
    Maybe. I got an email that natascha was offline at 10AM yesterday. Probably went faster than expected?

7. English

English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

Heyooooo

8. Hexalan

Hexalan Achievement Hunter

They didn't decide to do it now instead, did they?

9. Amanmegaman

Amanmegaman Well-Known Member

How long does it take to do flooring

10. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

I believe they already had the scheduled downtime

11. Amanmegaman

then why is everything down

12. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

To clarify: The flooring installation dude came on Monday, which was our anticipated down time. Apparently the floor "wasn't level enough" so the home owners had to put down some sort of self-leveling goo which had to set for a few days. Upon analyzing the situation during the setting time, the home owners decided to scrap the idea of having someone install the flooring for them. They are now doing this themselves, which may take an even lengthier amount of time.

As they know our needs, I'm sure we will be back up and running ASAP. I thank you all for your patience during this time!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Amanmegaman

thanks for clarifying so I'm guessing VaultF4 Fridays is not happening today

14. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Unless some magic happens in the next 3 hours, no the event will be temporarily cancelled. I apologize for the inconvenience :( especially as I looked forward to pwning you nubcakes tonight :D

15. Amanmegaman

wait what kind of nubcake

• It's a trap! It's a trap! x 2
  16. Hexalan

Hexalan Achievement Hunter

VIIIIIIIIINT!

17. Amanmegaman

I still want to know what flavor the nubcake is

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Blueberry with a dash of fear

19. Amanmegaman

what frosting if any

• It's a trap! It's a trap! x 2
  20. VintagePC

flood.png

• Funny Funny x 2