Help Identifying a Cable

Statboy

Resident Cueball
I'm organizing my massive drawer of cables and cords, because you can't throw that shit out, never know when you'll need a UHF/VHF to Coax adapter or something like that. I have a cable that I have no effing clue what it is, or what it could possible go to anybody that knows what it is please holla. Here's a picture of it, one end is both male and female red and white TV component, the end is some generic female end, I have no clue.

29844202581_10344ca005_k.jpg

Looks like a headphone tap for line-level audio, i.e you stick this in between something that makes audio and whatever it's connected to so you can have a headphone line. Maybe it's meant for headphone listening on a TV peripheral or somesuch

I have this. Came with a gaming headset for me. It was wireless off of a dongle, but could only do microphone or sound over the USB, so you put you this in the audio line to get the sound. Generic headset advertised as compatible with everything.

Looks like a headphone tap for line-level audio, i.e you stick this in between something that makes audio and whatever it's connected to so you can have a headphone line. Maybe it's meant for headphone listening on a TV peripheral or somesuch

Its called a monitor tap, and you basically described it exactly. Primary use is to be able to listen to a signal BEFORE it hits a particular piece of equipment, for comparison or diagnostics.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8943 Online 598 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom