Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nightshde

Graphic Designer
Forum Operator
VF4-A (Admin)
Staff Member
Well next week the PS4 comes out and I was originally going to be playing Watchdogs but since that has been delayed I have to pick a new game to play until infamous comes out in Jan/Feb. I figured I would go with a shooter since I know I will get tons of play value out of the multiplayer and also because I have asked for other games for my bday and christmas. The problem is I can't decide on what to get; currently I am stuck between BF4 and Killzone. Both have their pros and cons for me which I will list.

BF4:

Pros:
I know and love BF multiplayer
Made by Dice
Multiplayer has level progression so you actually feel like you are accomplishing something
Large destructible environments
64 Players
Dedicated servers?

Cons:
Produced by EA and have been resisting the urge to buy any EA titles since SimCity
$50 for all DLC
Multiplatform
Could be severely buggy for the first few weeks
Not a Bad Company BF

Killzone:

Pros:
Built for the PS4 and fully utilizes the power
Exclusive title
Free multiplayer DLC
All weapons and power ups are available at start on multiplayer
Dedicated servers

Cons:
$20 Coop DLC
Could come out for free with PS+ a couple months down the line
Played Killzone 2 and wasn't impressed with multiplayer
No level progression

So what do you think I should go with?

I should also add that I will try to livestream from the console once I have it figured out.

Gotta go with Killzone because don't buy anything from EA.

Depends, did you play/do you own BF3? Because BF4 did not appear to add a ton. Killzone does have a great rep as far as PS games go.
(As much as I really want to agree on the anti-EA thing they are publishing Titanfall unfortunately and I want to play that WAY too much).

BF4. The game encourages teamwork so much whereas most other shooters turn into lone wolf deals.

And you can't beat suicide C4 jeep runs.

Depends, did you play/do you own BF3? Because BF4 did not appear to add a ton. Killzone does have a great rep as far as PS games go.
(As much as I really want to agree on the anti-EA thing they are publishing Titanfall unfortunately and I want to play that WAY too much).
Yea I have BF3 for PC, got it free because of SimCity, but I have played it maybe 3 times because every server I joined was run by assholes.

I have no drive to get Titanfall, I'm a big shooter guy but nothing about that game really interests me and that's half the reason why I'm getting a PS4 instead of an X1 at launch. There are a lot more games coming for the PS4 that interest me, the main one being The Order: 1886.

There are 1000s of battlefield servers and you joined 3 and they were all bad?
I've played tons of games and haven't had 1 bad experience.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(9412 Online 836 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom