[2.0.0 Beta 1] [Linux] Game crashes on startup

_Q3

Noob
I followed the install guide but...
What happens is that starts the video, then it goes to the loading screen (Medic, Heavy, Spy) and a short while later it closes/crashes.
If someone could help me, that would be nice.

The TF2C version 1.9.0

System info:
Kernel: x86_64 Linux 4.1.6-1-ARCH
WM: i3
CPU: Intel Core i7-2637 CPU @ 2.8GHz
RAM: 3808MiB

This is the console.log with the -condebug launch flag.

Notes: TF2/HL1/CSS works just fine.
           Some steam runtime libraries are deleted to get steam working, info here. But I highly doubt this is the issue

EDIT: new error, "Could not load library client. Try restarting. If that doesn't work, verify the cache."

I'm not running the game through Wine. But I don't know why it shouldn't work, source was ported ages ago. And it's not that the game immediately crashes.
Well, hopefully the devs can make a native linux version.

Similar problem here, crashes on loading screen with message "Could not load library client. Try restarting. If that doesn't work, verify the cache."
TF2C version 2.0.0b1

Distro: Arch Linux
Kernel: 4.1.6-1-ARCH
Window Manager: i3
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 8GB

all other source games work fine, im pretty sure tf2c just doesnt work on linux yet

The 1.9.0 issue is different then the 2.0.0b1 issue.
A little reaserching I found that the "Could not load library client. Try restarting. If that doesn't work, verify the cache." Engine error might have something to do with Steam runtime libraries being deleted to get Arch Linux working. So it might work on Ubuntu 12.04+, but I don't have Ubuntu so I cannot confirm.
Also the devs said in the 2.0.0b1 announcement that [font=Arial, Verdana]"This patch is currently Windows only but we're looking into compiling for Linux." which is nice.
[/font]

Do you guys have the "upcoming" option enabled on the Source SDK?

That might be the problem, if it is the case.

No , the problem is that theres no script for linux yet , you can only run it throught wine , thats what i am doing right now and it runs perfect

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48180 Members
(6512 Online 501 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom