Looking for 3-4 GB GPU

lonesome killer

Banhammered
It seems most of them are in the $300+ range. Does that sound right? I'm a newb at graphics cards. Which is a good brand to get? I use ATI's Eyefinity for multiple displays. Don't know if Nvidia has something similar.

I'm not familiar with Radeon, haven't used them in years, but the real question is "why"? What do you have now and what is it/isn't it doing, and why do you need a 4GB one?

You're not going to fix hiccups running at 5760x1080, most games aren't designed to run in that high of res, I have a feeling you're going to buy yourself a new card for nearly $300 and have the same exact problems because they're coding errors rather than hardware errors....

Edit:

Sapphire is a good brand, they're the company that makes the actual card circuit boards for a lot of the other manufacturers, they ship them to XFX and MSI, and those guys just put their custom fancy heat sink on them. I used sapphire back in the day when I used ATI cards.

Last edited:
I'm going to stay away from Gigabyte. I had a technical issue earlier and emailed them how to set up Eyefinity while in Crossfire mode. They said (about a week later) it wasn't possible. After 2 days of waiting for an answer and searching online I decided to just do a clean install of Windows and it worked. Either they don't know what they're talking about, or that person was new.

Quick calculation for those interested:

5760x1080 = 6.22 million pixels, at 24 bpp = ~149 million bits = 17.79 megabytes of memory needed to display something at that resolution.

Where memory issues come into play is rendering at that resolution... which depends on the capabilities of the GPU itself for most of the performance.... 1-2GB of memory should still be sufficient.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9330 Online 738 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom