Loss of MvM servers

AV8ing

I must say I am quite diappointed at the elimination of the MvM server. It was bad enough when one of the two were dropped but the removal of the last one is beyond sad. I had all Vault F4 servers on my favorites, but it was only the MvM's that were populated. Hopefully, enough people might respond to this and get the admins to put it back up. If not, well, it was good playing with you all. Merry Christmas, everyone!

AV8ing

I'd like to point out that the first of the two was dropped because it was a) not filled as much as the other, and b) to enable creation of the "ugc map of the week" server, which also served as a second competitive server for our teams to play matches on, which became imperative once we had a second team.

As for the last MVM server being removed... it was announced well over a month ago now that we would be migrating servers and slimming down our tf2 operations at the same time after valve gave communities a giant middle finger during the halloween event.

You're not the only person to have lost a favourite server, and the decision we made as to which servers to cut was not an easy one. In the end we had to look at the most popular ones that would also give us our best ratio of players to server hardware, and MvM simply doesn't make that cut; it takes the resources of a 32 player server while only offering six slots for players. It's fine if we have resources to spare or that are unused, but not ideal for the grand scheme of things.

HOWEVER
. You may have noticed the "temporary servers" feature appear in the server list recently, and this is something that might be of interest to you in relation to this. We're currently putting it through its paces with the competitive teams, but in the near future (next month or two) I hope to be able to launch our much-discussed "rent-a-server" option where it is possible to spend a couple dollars and get a tf2 server all to yourself for 24 hours. That way, if you fancy a night of 2fort, MvM, saxton hale, or whatever, it can be easily arranged, but without the long-term commitment of resources. We will be keeping an eye on that as well and if something proves to be particularly popular, we will certainly consider making it a permanent addition.

Thanks for the reply VintagePC. I guess I can understand the reasoning behind the decision, even if I don't care for the decision itself. I was unaware of Valve cutting out community servers during the Halloween event. Anyways, as I said before, Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks for the reply VintagePC. I guess I can understand the reasoning behind the decision, even if I don't care for the decision itself. I was unaware of Valve cutting out community servers during the Halloween event. Anyways, as I said before, Merry Christmas to all!

I'm not a fan of it either, but it's simply the choice we're faced with if we want to grow our community before TF2 collapses completely when valve continues shafting communities.

And as I mentioned, feel free to get some friends together for an MVM server anytime once we've got that up and running ;)

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(7915 Online 482 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom