[MOBA] Monday Night Combat

Discussion in 'Archives' started by {TBF}Hessian, Dec 16, 2012.

1. {TBF}Hessian

{TBF}Hessian Not a Noob

I noticed no real threads. Who here likes MNC

2. Dookie

Dookie Well-Known Member

i played when it went free and TF2 got an item. never finished getting my items and stopped playing. That was around the time D3 came out though so I was stuck on that for a while

3. RichardDRMC

RichardDRMC Achievement Hunter

I used to play a fair amount of SMNC, but it seems like there aren't many people playing anymore. :/

4. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

I played Monday Night Combat, but after trying SMNC, I kinda just stopped.

5. Bea_Arthur

Bea_Arthur I Kick Men's Asses and I Vote

Same as Geoff's situation. Loved MNC and was really good at it. My wife and I used to play it together. SMNC was a super mess and felt totally disjointed and like a cash grab.

6. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

I'll jump into that boat of loved the original, but found the sequel kind of meh.

7. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

I for one find both quite enjoyable, that is until SMNC's population took a nosedive.

8. RawrSpoon

RawrSpoon Well-Known Member

I fucking LOVED SMNC way more than MNC. It was far more balanced, intelligently made, and more dota-like. I played sniper and had a KDR averaging 7 in MNC. I just walked into servers, annihilated everything without them having any hope of fighting back, and walked out.

It was so fucking stupid if you were good at the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

I think the problem I ran into with SMNC was that I didn't go right from the first to the second. I stopped playing MNC, then when I decided to pick it back up again, I found that it basically evolved into SMNC. When I tried it, everything was different. Bad timing to try to get into it really.

10. Lord Huckington

Lord Huckington Well-Known Member

MNC was good but I loved SMNC even more! I played a mean support and combat girl. Occasionally the tank and capt. Sparks on occasion....God I loved capt. Sparks but the population went down south and only the hardcore stayed and eventually the game died off sadly :-(

11. RichardDRMC

RichardDRMC Achievement Hunter

Veteran all the way. Hot hands to amplify the butthurt.

Running around grappling everything to death was super fun.