[Indie] Mount & Blade: Warband, Game Of The Century?

How great is Mount & Blade?

• So great it makes me want to go out a kill a Swadian in its name.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • So great I want to name my first born child Mountain Bandit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Don Q. Reavis

Not a Noob
The answer is yes.
I picked this game up during the summer sale of twenty ought' ten. I installed, booted it up, and the next thing I knew it was a week later and I was five pounds lighter. This is the game I dreamed about playing when I was a child. It's a straight up medieval war simulator where you can sack towns, siege castles, elope with maidens, and wield spears. SPEARS! Mount & Blade: Warband is the greatest thing to grace my steam library and if you don't own it you're dead to me.

DEAD TO ME!

It is indeed a great game, but still lacking in some areas. I'm hoping #2 expands siege combat so there's more to do besides file up a ladder or two.

A little more for siege warfare would be cool. As of right now all we really have are the towers and ladders. I'd also like to see naval combat be implemented in the second one. Though we are going to see a little bit of that in Mount & Blade: Caribbean.

Don have you played the cRPG mod? IMO it makes the game 1,000,000x better. It's such an amazing feeling having a small squad of men using VOIP to make a little Phalanx type unit and completely dominate 5vs20.

I'm actually not a fan of cRPG. I've been digging the hell out of Floris though. I'm also looking to check out Prophecy of Pendor soon.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(6436 Online 439 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom