[Event] Mummy's Mask, Arena Battle Royale

Discussion in 'Mummy's Mask' started by Statboy, May 12, 2016.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Hello and Welcome to the Arena! Osirians favorite traveling carnival has come to Wati, and you have entered into the main spectacle, a battle royale for prizes and glory. Please make all prayers and sacrifices to the carnivals patron god Bastet.

    The rules are:
    No intentionally killing, if someone begs for mercy they can leave as cowards
    When any creatures health drops to 0 or less they will be teleported out of the arena and tended to
    No backpacks, if you can't carry it in or stick it in a belt pouch it isn't allowed
    Teaming up is allowed but in the end there is only one winner

    Prizes:
    1st-2,000gp and an Ioun Stone; Clear Spindle (Because only the weak stop to eat)
    2nd-1,000gp and a Belt of Incredible Constitution+2 (Because you would have won if you were tougher)
    3rd- 500gp and a signal whistle (To call for help from real warriors if you're ever in trouble)

    The map is up on the Roll20 page and Zanros and Idessa are already placed. Everyone can start rolling for initiative. Be sure to track your HP separately from roll2o, as you'll also be starting the elegiac compass mission and will have separate HP for that. The arena is guaranteed not to kill you and you will be fully healed afterward. It takes up the first 3 days of your down time and your quests will come after it in game time. But for the sake of getting it done in 2 weeks we'll be running them at the same time irl. Combat will start 2morrow, make all rolls in this forum and post movement here as well using the format A1:B2 where A1 is your starting location and B2 your ending location. The turn order tracker won't be moving in roll20 but it will be up, just remember who goes before you and play after them.
     
  2. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    [​IMG]

    Heian steps up into the arena from the waiting area and begins to stretch. As all the other participants make their way into the arena he scoffs. "Pff, I was told there would be real competition! Not a bunch of dusty old women!" He unfurls his whip in his left hand and draws his rapier with his right and a wicked smile appears on his face. "Do not worry, your grandchildren will still be able to recognize you."

    !roll 1d20+8 #HeianInitiative
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    HeianInitiative: 14

    For: English Re: #2
     
  4. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago... VF4 Supporter

    Zanros eyes the fighter in all his height. He replies to the man, "I was told there would be crocodile bait. So it seems only one of us is dissapointed." Zanros spins into a dervish drawing his scimitar.

    !roll 1d20 + 9 #Dance
    !roll 1d20 + 7 #Zanros' Initiative
     
  5. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Dance: 21

    Zanros' Initiative: 13

    For: theLumberJack Re: #3
     
  6. SoL DarkLord

    SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS VF4 Supporter Tabletop GM

    "The one disappointed will be you Zanros. " Isal states as she readies her quarterstaff.

    !roll 1d20+3
     
  7. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    1d20+3: 14

    For: SoL DarkLord Re: #4
     
  8. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    "Is that all really necessary?" Idessa bends low at the waist, the proximal end of her noodly appendage rising and coiling, ready to spring forward into attack.

    !roll 1d20+1 #Initiative
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Initiative: 5

    For: Hexalan Re: #5
     
  10. SoL DarkLord

    SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS VF4 Supporter Tabletop GM

    "ofcourse. it's just silly banter."
     
  11. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago... VF4 Supporter

    "Come now Idessa! It's the spirit of these things!"
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As you look around and survey the battlefield and your opponents you notice the small canal dug through the center of the arena with 1 ft deep water (any square that has half or more water is difficult resulting in half movement and acrobatics checks to run through).

    Your other opponents are:
    Stinkeye: A Half-Orc with a longbow in his hand and a battleaxe on his back
    Max: A Human wielding a trident and wearing a breastplate and shield both with spikes
    Lilith: A Human, but a dirty magic user, she has only a small dagger
    Gabby: A small Nixie, she transforms into a fish as she first jumps into the water, but becomes a nixie again and draws a shortbow before the fighting starts

    Turn Order
    Stinkeye
    Gabby
    Max
    Heian
    Lilith
    Isal
    Zanros
    The Crocodiles (all 5)
    Idessa
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Stinkeye Full round action to fire Longbow at Lilith
    !roll 1d20+10 #1st shot to hit
    !roll 1d8+3 #1st shot damage
    !roll 1d20+5 #2nd shot to hit
    !roll 1d8+3 #2nd shot damage
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Unknown or undefined trigger: !1d20+10 #1st shot to hit

    Unknown or undefined trigger: !1d8+3 #1st shot damage

    Unknown or undefined trigger: !1d20+5 #2nd shot to hit

    Unknown or undefined trigger: !1d8+3 #2nd shot damage

    For: Statboy Re: #9
     
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Stinkeye tries again with the correct command
    Stinkeye Full round action to fire Longbow at Lilith
    !roll 1d20+10 #1st shot to hit
    !roll 1d8+3 #1st shot damage
    !roll 1d20+5 #2nd shot to hit
    !roll 1d8+3 #2nd shot damage
     
  16. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    1st shot to hit: 12

    1st shot damage: 7

    2nd shot to hit: 17

    2nd shot damage: 5

    For: Statboy Re: #10
     
  17. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Gabby moves V20:Q18 and fires shortbow at Stinkeye
    !roll 1d20+12 #to hit
    !roll 1d4+1 #damage
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    to hit: 29

    damage: 3

    For: Statboy Re: #11
     
  19. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Max Moves from C9:F8 and ready's his Trident to strike the first creature that reaches him

    Heian's turn
     
  20. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    Heian moves up and with the flick of his wrist, his whip shoots out towards Isal's feet in an attempt to pull them out from under her.

    R2:N2 / Trip Combat Manuever

    !roll 1d20+13 #Trip On Isal vs CMD
     

Share This Page