[Encounter] Mummy's Mask Elegiac Compass

Statboy

Resident Cueball
Septi the Crocodile has sent you to look at the remaining 4 elegiac compass's in the Necropolis and make sure they are working. There used to be many more working and Septi intends to see that are working once again. She has asked for notes about the state of each, specifically if it's either broken or working, and if it's broken can it be repaired?

This mission will take 1 day of downtime, currently I have Mavruk, Aech, Idessa, and Zanros signed up to go. If Isal wants to join please post here. We will be using Roll20 for this encounter as well. The map will be next to the Arena. Make all rolls in this forum pls, during combat remember who's ahead of you in the turn order and just post after them. Post any preparations you want to make before you set off.

The 4 of you set off into the Necropolis to look over the 4 remaining elegiac compass's. Your first three stops are all busts as the compass's are little more than piles of rubble, your last stop is the Shiney Bauble. This former glassblower's shop was repurposed to serve as the family's humble mausoleum according to Pharasmin records, and the elegiac compass was placed on the roof of the building.

Walking into the old shop you notice a few open caskets, but the former occupants are long gone. Loose sand and dirt that appears recently disturbed cover the roof, upon which you find the compass in surprising good condition. It just seems to be missing a part or two (knowledge engineering check to see what it would take to get it back together).

What would you like to do?

Probably fruitless... but:
!roll 1d20+4 #Kn. Eng.

[trigger]Kn. Eng.: 10[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #3[/trigger]

HURR HURR IT BROKE

[trigger]Engineering: 21[/trigger]
[trigger]Inspiration: 5[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #6[/trigger]

Aech is able to tell that the Compass is missing it's copper wrapped quartz core, and that any attempt to repair the compass without that piece would be fruitless.

But is it vegetable-less?

The GM says a little louder "Loose sand and dirt that appears recently disturbed covers the roof"

What would the party like to do?

Pointedly ignore the hint and wander off in a random directions?

(kidding aside... don't look at me for tracking skills...)

You don't need tracking, you can follow tracks with survival even untrained. Though that isn't the only way to find something...

sorry... I cant resist: HELLOOOO, THIS COMPASS IS BROKEN, DUH!

(yes, I'm being deliberately obtuse).

I'll examine the rooftop for anything that might indicate who/what was there, what they were doing and where they went.

I'll go up as well and use perception to gather any information/look for clues
!roll 1d20+16 #Perception
!roll 1d6 #Inspiration

42 Total (Forgot to use my +20 for perception instead of +16)

[trigger]Perception: 36[/trigger]
[trigger]Inspiration: 2[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #14[/trigger]

The Elegiac Compass is the most prominent thing on the roof, the only other things being a few broken stones and some sand. The compass doesn't appear to have been ripped open, rather whatever removed the core did so with some measure of deference to not destroying the rest of the compass. As you look around you see the street you came up to the south and a few other buildings scattered around. Each in worse shape than the Shiny Bauble, only half of the building to the north is still standing, and the buildings to the east and west look like they'll crumble soon as well.

I really want to help you guys here. The piece has obviously gone missing recently, as the disturbed ground indicates. This would place it as being taken during the undead siege. If you were in the necropolis during the siege where would you go, what would you do?

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(8560 Online 771 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom