Net Neutrality fight 2.0

Statboy

Resident Cueball
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,281...6F97F83EA887D8BB472E25E9D0?mailing_id=1085032

So you'd think an Obama hater like me would be completely against the new Obama plan. But one thing actually makes sense that he wants to accomplish. That is to set the stage for broadcast TV to be aired live by internet service providers and allow them to provide the service a la carte (only pay for the channels you want). This is something as a consumer I would jump on. Though I certainly see AT&T's point that the reclassifying of ISP's has broader implications that simply haven't been taken into account yet by the FCC.

What sucks is that Obama is wanting to do something good with this, but (thanks 'murica politics) anyone that is anti-obama automatically thinks this is the devil incarnate and must be stopped.

What sucks is that Obama is wanting to do something good with this.
Unfortunately what Obama says and what he does are always different things. I'm with many anti-Obama people that think he isn't doing to actually help pave the way for better business (that's just a side effect), but as a power grab for the federal government. The reclassification would put ISP's in an increased regulation classification, increased regulation that the FCC already tried to put on ISP's which got turned over by the Supreme Court.

It would be nice to see some much needed deregulation of telecom's, that way reclassification wouldn't mean increased regulation and the increased cost to do business that comes with it. If that happened ISP's would welcome the change to being a telecom as they see the increased service (profits) they could provide by doing so.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6673 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom