Open Competitive Player Positions

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by VintagePC, Jan 15, 2013.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

With the new competitive teams we are sponsoring, the following positions are available to be filled:

Nine Wise Guys (Gold level Highlander team) is looking for the following players. Experience is a must:
    • Silver+ demoman
    Interested players should contact Inasc

More positions and teams to come as rosters are finalized.

2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Engineer/heavy have been filled, now looking for a skilled sniper for NWG.

3. Vela

Vela Noob

As of yesterday, we're still looking for a solid Engineer, Sniper ,and possibly a Demo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

How low experience are you taking high steel or low silvers and above?

5. VintagePC

well, they are a gold level team... so something within reach of that, I think ;)

6. Iceh

I know 3 snipers who seem not bad if you want to try them out.

7. TheAngrySpy

TheAngrySpy Well-Known Member

Haha.

We are debating on moving down to Silver, depends on the remaining roster. But its a pretty solid idea, we want to play a season as Silver to get the team work together. then Gold, then up to Platinum. We're probably a mid Gold team right now.. If we get our team work together quick, we could be top.. But its going to take some time. So we most likely will drop down to Silver where we'll be top level, and work on our team work in a enviornment we won't get rolled in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. lopsey

lopsey Active Member

do you still need a demo

9. Vela

Vela Noob

We're looking for a High Silver/Low Plat Sniper really. We've had issues in the past where our sniper couldn't get important picks for a push. You're welcome to try out though, we're all nice guys and aren't that hard and fast unless it comes down to it.

As for Demo, I'm sure we could arrange a tryout. What level do you play at lopsey?

10. lopsey

lopsey Active Member

well this is my first year for highlander but i did have a team until about a week ago that was going to be in sivler devision but team fell apart and i was demo for that team

11. TheAngrySpy

TheAngrySpy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry bud, one season is not enough experience.

12. lopsey

lopsey Active Member

alright

13. Iceh

Are you refering me to try out because I am on a team already in silver which i am very happy with :) I just know some people who are higher up is all.

14. fury708 the wookie

fury708 the wookie Not a Noob

hey i dont know any thing about high lander but, how do i enter these tournaments? like, where do i start?

15. Poppet

Poppet Well-Known Member

http://www.ugcleague.com/home_tf2h.cfm <<info on highlander. First you should find a team to join. There aer many skill levels.

16. fury708 the wookie

im so confused! i went to the link and i logged in with steam acount. but i have no idea how to join any thing :(

17. Poppet

Poppet Well-Known Member

http://www.ugcleague.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6 this is a Looking for a Team .forum. it's probably too late to be a starter on any team...but look for the area of the world you are in..and see if there are teams with opening. good luck.

Also, if you have never played highlander..you will probably want to look for an Iron team.

18. VintagePC

Before you can partake in any sort of competitive TF2 you'd need to either join or form a team, then practice, practice, practice ;)

I'm not sure about the exact levels and details of UGC, one of our members more familiar with that should be able to explain it for you.

Edit: Ninja'd by Poppet. There you go :)

19. fury708 the wookie

ok i think i got it but, when i when im on anything other then the forum its says im logged into steam then on the it says im not logged in so i try to make an acout but this one thing says... what are the initals of this leage? what do i do for that?

20. Iceh

If you end up needed more practice you can post them or ask them to those of us in HL and we will answer them accordingly.