[Story Progression] Part One: The Last Will and Testament of Petros Lorrimor

Discussion in 'Carrion Crown' started by English, Feb 12, 2016.

  1. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    [OOC] You arrive at the Restlands in Ravengro and are immediately greeted by a trim and attractive young woman in her mid twenties. Her eyes are red and puffy and she is dressed in dark, conservative clothes. The Restlands are the burial grounds for the town of Ravengro. Well burial ground for the people of Ravengro. The permanent residents of Harrowstone were not afforded the privilege to be burried in a holy site dedicated to Pharasma. You can see row upon row of headstones as well as the occasional mausoleum. All bearing the spiraling circle of bones dedicating its inhabitants to Pharasma.

    [​IMG]
    "Thank you all for coming. I am so sorry that I have to meet you under such somber circumstances." You can see there is some relief in her eyes that it is only you, her late father's close friends, that have come to attend his funeral. "With the way things are in town these days it is probably for the best that it is only you four... Ahh this is something that we can speak about later. I promise to answer any questions after the reading of father's will."
     
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    [​IMG]
    As Kendra Lorrimor leads you from the entrance you are greeted by a stern looking priest of Pharasma, Father Grimburrow, as well as several gravediggers. As part of local tradition, they do not bear the burden of carrying the casket to the site of the grave. He motions for you to be the pall bearers and to follow him throughout the Restlands. You can see several other townsfolk who have come to pay their last respects as well. Only a few people who counted the late Professor as a close friend have come to perform the funeral rites. They all look somber and are too busy grieving to have anything of interest to say. Father Grimburrow does not wait for you and as part of tradition has already walked ahead to the grave site.

    [OOC]Please determine amongst yourselves who will be pall bearers and where you will stand.

    Mappity Map Map
     
  3. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Looking at the casket, and at the size of his new friend Tyrion and Gunther. Beornmar motions towards the back of the casket for Tyrion and Gunther, and positions himself near the front of the casket. "I'll take the front then."
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Take 10 on a knowledge local for 17 to see if I know what troubles in town that Kendra is referring to.
    "A Lannister in the back, my Lord Father would put your head and mine on a spike for thinking such a thing. Perhaps stay right behind me, I wouldn't expect much trouble at a funeral."
    Tyrion is wearing his noble's clothes for the funeral with only his dagger at his belt. His armor and weapons are in his backpack in the wagon with Pod.
     
  5. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Beornmar steps to the opposite side, such that Tyrion can stand at the front right. From the front left and a step back he'll hold as much as he can, easing the load for the tiny man. He stands ready waiting to lift.
     
  6. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    Amberly nods somberly, her noble vestments already made in mourning colors. She steps over behind Tyrion, similarly adorned in ceremonial but practical weaponry, though her heavy arms are left on the mule. Gunther, still in his chainmail, carries his morningstar, bright and burnished on the left hip, takes his place on the left side of the casket.
     
  7. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    Tyrion -- You have been hearing rumors that Harrowstone Prison, which used to once house many violent criminals, is haunted by those that used to inhabit the place. Some people have noted "strange sightings" and noises coming from up the hill.
     
  8. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    And If I am reading this correctly The order goes like so around the casket:
    Beornmar Tyrion
    Gunther Amberly?
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Sense motive on Kendra to see if she is holding anything back, if she is then a kind word (diplomacy) to get her to share.
    !roll 1d20+6 #Sense Motive
    !roll 1d20+9 #Diplomacy
     
  10. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive: 11

    Diplomacy: 17

    For: Statboy Re: #9
     
  11. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    As she stoops to pick at the corner of the casket, Amberly spares a glance over at her old friend's daughter. Was a child's grief all at play here? Little is certain in these regions of Ustalav, even less so when dealing with such a man's death...

    !roll 1d20+10 #Sense Motive to see if anything's up with Kendra aside from dead dad
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive to see if anything's up with Kendra aside from dead dad: 16

    For: Hexalan Re: #10
     
  13. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    Kendra presses her lips together and holds back any further tears. "This really is not the time for this kind of discussion. We can talk more later."

    She begins walking forward toward the site where her father is about to be laid to rest, cutting off any further discussion of the matter. As she strides forward you all pickup the casket on the count of three and slowly plod on after her. The ground is damp from the recent rains and the mud sucks at your boots as you make your way through the Restlands. Eventually you come to a halt as you see that Kendra has stopped in the middle of the road. You are able to see around her that she is being accosted by a group of men. Presumably villagers. They are carrying pitch forks and shovels and all manner of makeshift weapons.

    --------------------------

    “That’s far enough. We been talking, and we don’t want Lorrimor buried in the Restlands. You can take him upriver and bury him there if you want, but he ain’t goin’ in the ground here!” Shouts one of the men. Most likely the leader of the rag tag group. He does not carry any weapons but his voice is loud enough to make up for the lack of any weaponry.

    Kendra is swift to respond, her sadness swiftly transforming into anger. “What are you talking about?” she cries out.

    MAP
     
  14. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    "Now, what is this about? Is there some problem with the esteemed Professor Lorrimor?" Amberly enunciates clearly, barely lowering her corner of the casket, one hand dropping almost imperceptibly towards one of the daggers at her hip. The question is directed at the angry villagers, but she does spy her mule plodding after them out of the corner of her eye. "I'm sure there's no significant issue here, is there?" The Pharasmin swirl hanging in plain sight about her neck is shined and silver, marking her out as an authority of sorts in matters of burial.

    !roll 1d20+9 #Diplomacy to get the rubes to elucidate their objection and possibly stop being rubes
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Diplomacy to get the rubes to elucidate their objection and possibly stop being rubes: 16

    For: Hexalan Re: #12
     
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Motions to the others to hold up and set down the casket. While Amberly is talking I steal a quick word to Gunther "Look as large and menacing as you can please." (ie give me an aid another for intimidate). Turns to face the mob and attempts an intimidate "Look around you, is this a fight you really want to start? A few scrawny farmers with pitchforks against my rather large friends, look at the lady here and myself" Motions to Amberly "Do you think rich and noble folks such as us won't have friends that would burn your village if we are harmed? I suggest you put down your, let's be generous and call them weapons, and talk with Amberly."

    !roll 1d20+8 #Intimidate
     
  17. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    !roll 1d20-2 #Gunther Aid Another beat DC 10
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Gunther Aid Another beat DC 10: 17

    For: English Re: #14
     
  19. English

    English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

    !roll 1d20+10 #Tyrion Intimidate
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Tyrion Intimidate: 21

    For: English Re: #15
     

Share This Page