Post your favourite Minecraft Texture Pack

Discussion in 'Minecraft /Sandbox' started by VintagePC, Feb 18, 2013.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

2. English

English Global Mod Global Moderator Forum Moderator Source Server Admin Staff Member VF4 Supporter

What are we, English? "Favourite"

3. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

No, YOU are English. I'm from the US's hat. Because everyone knows hats are king.

4. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

5. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

Areben that is a pretty nice one. I have 16 gb of ram think I can do a better texture pack?

6. VintagePC

Hate to break it to you but you're probably limted to a 4x4 pack with that little memory :p :D

Kidding aside, standard calculation is look how much memory MC takes up, you'll need 4x that amount to go up 1 size in texture pack (e.g. 16x16 to 32x32) A bit crude since not all of MC's memory use is textures, but gives you a good idea of what to expect.

7. areben

areben Achievement Hunter VF4 Supporter

Vintage has nice pointers.
    I run that texture pack and allocate 4GB to MC. I rarely go above 2GB used. CPU stays at around 50% though @ 3.4 GHz. (I also use a stupidly high FOV, if that matters).)

8. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

9. SoulVoid

SoulVoid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I use this TP wherever I play MC now, but I'm definitely going to try the others posted here.

10. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

I wanna install Areben's but I have no idea what to do. :confused:

11. McLovin

McLovin IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZER!!11

On the Feed The Beast Launcher you should see a tab for texture packs click that and you should then see the Soartex texture pack.

12. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Says:
    Error: Texture Pack not found for selected mod pack's version!