Post your favourite (older) TV shows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VintagePC, Apr 9, 2013.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

Figured I'd start this for fun and maybe put a few people on to some shows they might like - Post some of your favourite TV shows. I say "older" because I'm interested in ones that are no longer airing or don't have any new episodes being produced. If you can, include a wiki link or so for folks that are interested and want to know more.

Some of my favourites - thoroughly British:

2. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Samurai Jack
    Rescue Rangers
    Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    Robotech
    Darkwing Duck
    Duck Tales
    TaleSpin

That's all I can think of now

3. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Gumbi
    Reading Rainbow
    Punky Brewster
    Mr. Rogers
    Lassie
    Mr. Ed

4. Barbarossa_5

Barbarossa_5 Achievement Hunter

Hogan's Heroes
    The Bob Newheart Show
    The Jack Benny Program
    Burns and Allen

5. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

• Gummy bears
    • Richie Rich
    • The Original TMNT
    • Muppet Babies
    • The Muppets
    • DuckTales
    • Tiny Toons
    • Beetlejuice
    • Original PowerRangers
    • Inspector Gadget
    • All versions of the Ghostbusters
    • Ren & Stimpy
    • All That
    • You can't do that on Television
    • Salute your shorts
    • Alf
    • Fraggle Rock
    • PeeWee's Playhouse
    • Murder She Wrote
    • Quantum Leap
    • Night Court
    • Star Trek: Next Gen
    • Max Headroom
    And soo much more...

6. lonesome killer

GUMMY BEARS! Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
    Just realized the yellow one's a lesbian.

7. lonesome killer

Damn, going through all these old theme songs I see how similar they are. All sound almost the same.

8. Nightshde

Nightshde Graphic Designer Forum Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Its kind of sad that theme songs have died along with good writing and stories. Commercials are taking up so much of the play time that they just show a logo now and thats it.

9. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

But... But... that would mean the show is cutting into my commercial time! OVER MY DEAD BODY! (/sarcasm)

I built a PVR box for our TV, and it becomes _really_ apparent how bad it has gotten as of late. Prime example was a finale of some show we watched that was PVR'd, it was a 2 hour block; We were done watching in 1:15. (PVR box detects and auto-skips commercials.)

Something remotely suspenseful and edited to seem way more dramatic than it actually is? 5 MINUTE COMMERCIAL TIME MOTHAFUCKAS!

Tags: