SimCity Troubles EA/Maxis Thanking us by giving away free game!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Net, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

Mar 08, 2013

Maxis SVP Lucy Bradshaw
    http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/a-simcity-update-and-something-for-your-trouble

2. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

I am still getting slightly annoyed that the game lets me open it up, it checks for updates, allows me to press play...then it says cannot connect to servers...wtf.. stupid online only games :(

3. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

Yea I ended up deciding to wait a couple months till they put it on sale, when the traffic dies down and they fix any remaining bugs. Hopefully people are still playing then for some multiplayer action. Although it doesn't seem to specifically state what game(s) you will get for free. For all you know everyone is getting a free copy of Medal of Honor Airborne lol..

5. CorruptDictator

CorruptDictator I want a custom title, but I dont trust VintagePC

That is my biggest ongoing annoyance also. The launcher should not even let you launch the game if a real server connection is not available.

Honestly though, it is actually a fun game when the fucking servers work. I wonder what kind of selection they will give us for this "free" apology game. I am a little shocked EA would even bother doing such a thing given how they usually treat their players.

Tags: