SIMCITY UPDATE PATCH NOTES 1.7 - Traffic Jams Fix

Net

Achievement Hunter
So they fixed traffic...have not tried it yet, but it at least sounds promising.

Want to know about the most recent updates to SimCity? Keep checking back for patch updates!

Update 3/18/2013 - Update 1.7

General:
  • All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
  • Performance improvements for low spec systems.
Traffic Improvements:
  • Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
  • Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
  • Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
Server:
  • New Server will be added this afternoon (PDT): Asia 2!
https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-patch-notes

Yea... did not fix a damn thing; in fact my traffic seems to have gotten worse. Now instead of only 3 firetrucks reporting to one fire, all the trucks in my city now report to them and ambulances too. I took some screenshots but I'm at work right now so I'll post them later.

Did find a video showing it isnt working:

I noticed a little improvment in my city congestion, didnt really play long enough to notice service vehicles though.

GFG EA!

I have to abandon my city in Nightshdes region. I was going a full rebuild and got a monster disaster that did so much damage I cannot recover. Sucks because I was had done a very different road setup than previously and wanted to see if the traffic changes would help me at all.

Yea I had to abandon my first city because it glitched and the industrial areas stopped building; they would put down foundation but would never progress past that. My second city is being fucked over by this new patch. Most of my city has burned down and will not stop burning since all the firetrucks keep reporting to the same fire while the rest of the city burns. I've destroyed entire residential areas, rebuilt them, and then they instantly start burning down. I think part of it has to do with the fact that the recycling center is now broken and won't deliver reclaimed items to the trade depot so everything is being backed up.

I'm going to try and fix this tonight but if I can't recover this city I think I am done with SimCity until a modder is able to make this game playable.

My city in your region is corrupted for me Nightshde. Everytime I tried to get into it, it would just sit in the loading screen... =( I moved on to another region

We may need to just trash the region and start a new one.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(5797 Online 323 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom