Suggestions for New Video Card

Redcoat

I am currently running a Nvidia GT 240 video card which I've had for about 3 years. It runs my older games well but is quite dated for games like Total War and such. I was thinking about getting a video card like the EVGA GTX 650(perhaps ti model), or the 660. I'd say economy for me goes around $200. I don't know much at all about this crap so I need help. Which video card would be the best bang for the buck? Would they run a game like Shogun 2 Total War well?

I have a pair of GTX-460's now (not SLI) that have run everything I've thrown at them at max settings up until Civ5, which has ridiculous amounts of small detail at max. I like Asus gear, I have yet to have any issues with anything they make, and currently my 3 (4?) year old computer has an asus motherboard and video cards... This one is a Ti that's under your price range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121725

and has full DVI out for when you feel froggy someday and want to buy an IPS display or two. What I'm trying to say is, you should get a couple of years out of that card until you're ready to build a whole new computer, and it won't break your bank.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6841 Online 404 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom