[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

Aech will try to sell his dust of illusion that he mad (Base Value 1200, spent 600 making it)
!roll 1d20+1+1d6 #Diplomacy for haggling
Should we go to the Governess or Mumminofrah to get more libraries? Thoughts?

[trigger]Diplomacy for haggling: 12[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Ach Hans Run! Re: #260[/trigger]

Libraries. I have no idea how to go about getting into them/finding them, but need to get back on that progress train.

The Guv'nor really doesn't want us to, and we've seen Mumminofrah exercise her authority over Deka. Mavruk's death is an entry for us to go back to Mumminofrah and whine a bit, while I don't think Deka particularly cares about us.

BTW, does anyone have perform(oratory)? Because otherwise I'd be going for diplomacy.

Zanros will go with them. Was in a rush this morning and wasn't sure what was happening or if I'd be on again today.

He came just like he went... rather abruptly and without saying much...

Come on guys, somebody step up and be a leader. You have several options for finding the next library. You can talk to the librarians in the main library, you can talk to the temple of Nethy's who run the library including the high priestess Deka An-Keret, or you can talk to Muminofrah (for TC, she is a noblewoman who is in town currently, she sits on the Pharoah's small council and Zanros has gained her favor).

"Idessa, use the sleeves to put on some librarians garb. Mingle with those who are in the main library and gain their trust, see what we can learn." Memsie seeks audience with Muminofrah, to introduce himself as compatriot of Zanros, the devil of spinning sword. If granted a visit, Memsie would like to recount the battle in the reeds, and inquire if she has any idea why they would be gathering there or favoring that plot.

Zanros accompanies Memsie. Such that he may make the introduction. "Memsie, she will expect some kind offering to be granted an audience."

Idessa hands Zanros some eulogizing notes and reminds him that accessing the library is the most important thing, and that he can callously exploit the death their friend at Mumminofrah to get that. She also gives him a dagger poked through a gilt funerary mask with some leaves stuck to it, saying, "You can give that to her. Say it's all deep and symbolic regarding the sacrifice of heroes to further the cause of Osirion against the forces of evil, or something. I made this in 20 seconds."

Idessa may or may not find Aech and head over to the library (the part they're allowed into) and have a look around, noting the precise garb of the librarians, the securities, etc., especially considering Zanros's account of his failed break in.

Memsie & Zanros: Upon seeing Zanros, Muminofrah's guards relax a little. "I hope you have a brought a better gift for her excellency today." the first guard says to you.

Idessa: At the doors to the Great Library, you see the 4 guards standing around. They are lightly armored and carry crossbows and spears. Inside the two Librarians at the desk are wearing white tunics, a necklace with the symbol of Nethy's and they all have bi-colored maces at their hip. The head of the mace is a face half in white and half in black with spikes sticking out of it. How long do you stick around? And please make a perception check.

Holding up the mask Zanros says, "We bring a trophy of battle against the cult of the forgotten pharaoh!"

Isal: They say they can teach you how to make this
GolfPool.jpg

It'll cost 6,000 gp and 2 weeks time to learn though.

Memsie and Zanros: The guards take the mask, looking at the dried blood and flecks of gold around the edge. They hand it back, saying "Muminofrah will require something more substantial. Of course we could buy her a gift in your honor" he says holding his hand.

Aech and Idessa: yes you can both perception check, but make sure you note how long you stay and observe.

!roll 1d20+20+1d6 #Perception
I'll spend about 8 hours reading/observing the comings and goings of the librarians, maybe read outside to see if they go anywhere after the first 4 hours inside.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(6372 Online 389 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom