[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

Discussion in 'Mummy's Mask' started by Statboy, Jun 2, 2016.

  1. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

    "Right, you lot of wusses, shall we go around the corner?
     
  2. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

    To speed things along because fuck it, Memsie barrels down a hallway absolutely piss-pants recklessly.
     
  3. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Memsie: Just for having the balls to do it, you find 1000gp on the ground in a bag. As you follow the curving hallway, it straightens out and heads east. You get to an intersection where the hall begins to slope downward and twist ahead of you, to the north is a small room with soft light coming from it. The room contains 3 desk's and a handful of uncomfortable looking chairs. Sitting in a chair reading a book is a woman with dreadlocks and many rings on her fingers. "Ohh" she says looking up "Are you are librarian?"
     
  4. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

    "Heh-No no, just a very fortunate gnome." Memsie kind of putzes around kicking lightly at the floor "My pals'll be here in a sec.."

    !roll 1d20+11 #Perception in the new room and dread lady.
     
  5. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

    !roll 1d20+11 #Perception in the new room and dread lady.
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception in the new room and dread lady.: 22

    For: TimeCrush Re: #437
     
  7. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    Hearing the beginnings of conversation, and reasoning that if anything were going to kill them all, it would kill Memsie first, Idessa comes up around the corner. "Are we librarians?" Idessa looks down at her clothing, currently appearing like a fairly generic white robed desert dress, slitted high by the hips to let her tail move, similar to the dress of the librarians, though far enough apart that no one could accuse of her of being in disguise. "I don't think librarians are supposed to put each other in barrels, though it certainly should have made getting in here easier." Idessa narrows her eyes, slightly suspicious about exactly who she is and how she got here, though she never actually saw the person in question. "Aech?" she beckons, then asks the woman, "Are you a librarian?"
     
  8. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Memsie: You recognize the lady from the description of her your companions gave you, she is the woman who broke into this part of the library. The perception check turns up nothing beyond that. "Friends?" she asks standing up "Perhaps I should be moving on then." She starts hastily gathering her books.
     
  9. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

    Argor follows the others in and makes a barely perceptible nod at the lady, not meant to be seen by the party members (deliberately leaving the choice of whether to display any knowledge of each other up to her)

    "Pardon the antics of my friends, madam. We are only here to seek knowledge, much like it appears you are doing."
     
  10. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

    !roll 1d20+2 #Motive sense.
     
  11. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Motive sense.: 10

    For: TimeCrush Re: #441
     
  12. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    Actually since we're actually talking to her I might as well make a diplomacy roll to get her to like us.

    Also: Can I take 10 on diplomacy rolls?

    Idessa looks at the lady and glances at her book and tries to see what she's looking for here. "Oh, no, no, we're all friends here, aren't we? Maybe we can help each other." The sultry snake lowers her eyelids, and absently polishes the stones in her spiral amulet and signet ring.

    Cast Build Trust, Will Save 15
    !roll 1d20+1 #Perception
    !roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, 2 higher if build trust succeeds
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 21

    Diplomacy, 2 higher if build trust succeeds: 23

    For: Hexalan Re: #442
     
  14. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

     
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    How is anybody doing any of these things when only Memsie is anywhere close to this woman on the map?

    Memsie: Sense Motive turn's up that she is trying to read a book
    Argor: Bluff check to convey a secret message
    Idessa: She shifts uncomfortably you see her shiver slightly. She finishes packing her things and makes for the door.
     
  16. Ach Hans Run!

    Ach Hans Run! Achievement Hunter

    Aech will go down the corridor.
     
  17. TimeCrush

    TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

    Memsie bops into the room, sitting comfortably in the round chair, and lets out a small yip for Reek to follow. The bat finds purchase perching near the far desk. "Don't act like you gotta leave over something urgent! S'not any big deal that I've got friends on their way." If she makes way towards the rooms exit, Memsie prepares to cast slumber at the first opportunity that it would count as a sneak.
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    I'm giving it to them that they arrived, just making a point that they need to move on the map as well.
     
  19. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

    because roll 20 is a PITA to load and wait half a minute for something that takes half a second to do.
     
  20. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

    also wouldn't stealth/sleight of hand be more suited than bluff?
     

Share This Page