[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

Discussion in 'Mummy's Mask' started by Statboy, Jun 2, 2016.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    We have to have maps for specific things, and it's the best we got. Otherwise one of two things will happen, 1. Whenever shit hits the fan everyone will decide where they want to start after the fact or 2. It'll be up to the GM to move all the PC's as well as NPC's. Also post's like Aech's "I'm going down this corridor" the only way I know which corridor he's referring to is if he moves his token, which he did.

    "You can use Bluff to pass hidden messages to another character without others understanding your true meaning. The DC of this check is 15 for simple messages and 20 for complex messages."
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member TF2L developer DMC Tester

    !roll 1d20+8 #fruff
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    fruff: 22

    For: VintagePC Re: #451
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    With so many people beginning to file into the room, she begins to get nervous. Once she has her things gathered she backs up against he wall. Though she seems to be paying more attention to the ground than anything else. One hand is in her cloak.
     
  5. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member TF2L developer DMC Tester

    I'll step back so things may not turn quite so hairy
     
  6. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    You saw that I cast Build Trust, right?

    Idessa leans back against the wall, edging towards the outside, giving a warning glance to her friends who have yet to come in to stay out. Both hands raised non-threateningly, she quietly speaks to the disturbed woman, "Look, you're here looking for something, probably something they don't want you here looking for, same as us. I know how you got there. We would have done it the same way if we needed to. We're not interested in enforcing library rules, we're just looking to do some research in the depths of the library. We don't mean you any harm.

    Just saying, you're pretty capable if you've gotten this far in, and we're pretty capable, too. Maybe we can help each other."

    !roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, calm her down (2 higher if build trust succeeded)
    !roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, honeyed tongue (2 higher if build trust)
     
  7. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Diplomacy, calm her down (2 higher if build trust succeeded): 28

    Diplomacy, honeyed tongue (2 higher if build trust): 22

    For: Hexalan Re: #454
     
  8. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Idessa: Give me a sense motive. She doesn't raise her head from the ground, rather she says "I wish you good luck then" and starts setting her books back on the desk. "Are you looking for anything... interesting? I might be able to help, for a price"

    You passed that 1st diplomacy check without needing build trust. However your RP did the opposite, this book gives me lengthy and in depth back stories on most of the NPC's and says "The players RP matters more than Diplomacy checks, consider forgoing diplomacy checks if the player's RP a situation correctly". So remember, right now RP matters more than Diplomacy.
     
  9. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    !roll 1d20+5 #Sense Motive

    "Information," she shrugs, "old, secret information, about people who would rather we not know about them. There's libraries here we need to get into, but the city authorities have been less than helpful. Progress is piecemeal." Idessa studies the hooded woman again. "You're searching for something, too. Nobody breaks into the Great Library of Tephu because they're casually interested. Hell, barely anybody gets inpermission to be in the Great Library of Tephu, with permission, for any reason."
     
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  10. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive: 23

    For: Hexalan Re: #456
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Idessa: Your sense motive returns that even when she backed up into a corner she was never actually scared, just pretending to be. "Ha, I never even tried official channels. It's all just a waste of time. It's better to just take what you want in life. Well as for helping you, the passage down isn't entirely safe. I could see that no harm comes to you, but what would you be willing to part with for my services? I'm not interested in money."
     
  12. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    "Heh, we tried illegal first, but they ended up putting a couple friends of mine into a barrel. To be honest, I think they only let us in here to try to get us to stop bothering them." Idessa smiles shrewdly. "What do want?"
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    "Just that pretty ring on your finger" She say's indicating Idessa
     
  14. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    Idessa pretends to be surprised. "Are you asking me to marry you?" She asks, one hand demurely over her chest, eyelashes fluttering. "Why, I don't even know your name!"
     
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Make a perception check Idessa
     
  16. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    !roll 1d20+1 #wheres that nat 20 gone now
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    wheres that nat 20 gone now: 14

    For: Hexalan Re: #462
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Idessa- You notice nothing Jon Snow; Her eye's flash quickly with anger as she says "If you don't want my help then, I will return to my research."
     
  19. Hexalan

    Hexalan Achievement Hunter

    "What do you with all these?" Idessa queries, noting the many rings already adorning the woman's fingers. She begins to lift the Pharasmin bone spiral ring proclaiming her allegiance to the Grand Mausoleum of Wati, but simply twirls it around her left index finger instead of taking it off. "Do you really want this?" Idessa proffers a gold ring, unmarked but for the scars of great age. "How about this one?"
     
  20. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    She looks at the old gold ring. Once you give it to her she'll study it to make sure it's just a ring and not magical.
     

Share This Page