[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

We have to have maps for specific things, and it's the best we got. Otherwise one of two things will happen, 1. Whenever shit hits the fan everyone will decide where they want to start after the fact or 2. It'll be up to the GM to move all the PC's as well as NPC's. Also post's like Aech's "I'm going down this corridor" the only way I know which corridor he's referring to is if he moves his token, which he did.

"You can use Bluff to pass hidden messages to another character without others understanding your true meaning. The DC of this check is 15 for simple messages and 20 for complex messages."

[trigger]fruff: 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #451[/trigger]

With so many people beginning to file into the room, she begins to get nervous. Once she has her things gathered she backs up against he wall. Though she seems to be paying more attention to the ground than anything else. One hand is in her cloak.

I'll step back so things may not turn quite so hairy

You saw that I cast Build Trust, right?

Idessa leans back against the wall, edging towards the outside, giving a warning glance to her friends who have yet to come in to stay out. Both hands raised non-threateningly, she quietly speaks to the disturbed woman, "Look, you're here looking for something, probably something they don't want you here looking for, same as us. I know how you got there. We would have done it the same way if we needed to. We're not interested in enforcing library rules, we're just looking to do some research in the depths of the library. We don't mean you any harm.

Just saying, you're pretty capable if you've gotten this far in, and we're pretty capable, too. Maybe we can help each other."

!roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, calm her down (2 higher if build trust succeeded)
!roll 1d20+13 #Diplomacy, honeyed tongue (2 higher if build trust)

[trigger]Diplomacy, calm her down (2 higher if build trust succeeded): 28[/trigger]
[trigger]Diplomacy, honeyed tongue (2 higher if build trust): 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #454[/trigger]

Idessa: Give me a sense motive. She doesn't raise her head from the ground, rather she says "I wish you good luck then" and starts setting her books back on the desk. "Are you looking for anything... interesting? I might be able to help, for a price"

You passed that 1st diplomacy check without needing build trust. However your RP did the opposite, this book gives me lengthy and in depth back stories on most of the NPC's and says "The players RP matters more than Diplomacy checks, consider forgoing diplomacy checks if the player's RP a situation correctly". So remember, right now RP matters more than Diplomacy.

!roll 1d20+5 #Sense Motive

"Information," she shrugs, "old, secret information, about people who would rather we not know about them. There's libraries here we need to get into, but the city authorities have been less than helpful. Progress is piecemeal." Idessa studies the hooded woman again. "You're searching for something, too. Nobody breaks into the Great Library of Tephu because they're casually interested. Hell, barely anybody gets inpermission to be in the Great Library of Tephu, with permission, for any reason."

Last edited:
[trigger]Sense Motive: 23[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #456[/trigger]

Idessa: Your sense motive returns that even when she backed up into a corner she was never actually scared, just pretending to be. "Ha, I never even tried official channels. It's all just a waste of time. It's better to just take what you want in life. Well as for helping you, the passage down isn't entirely safe. I could see that no harm comes to you, but what would you be willing to part with for my services? I'm not interested in money."

"Heh, we tried illegal first, but they ended up putting a couple friends of mine into a barrel. To be honest, I think they only let us in here to try to get us to stop bothering them." Idessa smiles shrewdly. "What do want?"

Idessa pretends to be surprised. "Are you asking me to marry you?" She asks, one hand demurely over her chest, eyelashes fluttering. "Why, I don't even know your name!"

[trigger]wheres that nat 20 gone now: 14[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #462[/trigger]

Idessa- You notice nothing Jon Snow; Her eye's flash quickly with anger as she says "If you don't want my help then, I will return to my research."

"What do you with all these?" Idessa queries, noting the many rings already adorning the woman's fingers. She begins to lift the Pharasmin bone spiral ring proclaiming her allegiance to the Grand Mausoleum of Wati, but simply twirls it around her left index finger instead of taking it off. "Do you really want this?" Idessa proffers a gold ring, unmarked but for the scars of great age. "How about this one?"

She looks at the old gold ring. Once you give it to her she'll study it to make sure it's just a ring and not magical.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(8560 Online 771 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom