[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

"Oh, well," Idessa shrugs, "good luck on your research. Hope you find what you're looking for. And if you ever see a shady stranger in a gold funerary mask who isn't a corpse, look us up. We're fairly distinctive, I'm sure a woman of your skill could track us down."

Everybody makes it back home safely. The camel is out front eating the grass, and drinking from the fountain, but your halfling is not home.

feel free to do anything, characters who aren't me

Idessa leaves a note in the house for Zanros, letting him know that they're out of that library, and reminding him not to do anything phenomenally stupid because the controllers of the city hate him. She then goes out to find some real food, along with any of her stalwart allies who wish to accompany her, because she has been stuck in a library dungeon for 24 hours.

And if nothing interesting happens after that, she'll consult a blue book, then inconspicuously poke around alehouses, brothels, and crime dens (among other places) to see if anybody knows anything about the Dark Depository.

!roll 1d20+17 #Diplomacy, Gather Information on the Dark Depository

Last edited:
[trigger]Diplomacy, Gather Information on the Dark Depository: 26[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #524[/trigger]

I'll join the info-hunting for the new library, though I'll poke around in higher class places that have people likely to know about it - researchers, professors, and other well-learned folks.
!roll 1d20+11 #diplomacy

[trigger]diplomacy: 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #525[/trigger]

Zanros wasn't exactly secretive about where or what he was doing. You guys know he got a map with the location of the Dark Depository (and a key), and even though the map isn't in the house, you could get to the general area of it from what you remember. IE within the correct block in the Wadjets Walk area of town. That is more information than your diplomacy's would turn up.

Huh. Looks like I missed that post.

Idessa will head over to where Zanros had showed them on the map, and see if she can find the Halfling still there.

!roll 1d20+17 #Diplomacy, Gather Information on the exact location, entrance, secret passwords, etc. of the Dark Depository and a certain Halfling

[trigger]Diplomacy, Gather Information on the exact location, entrance, secret passwords, etc. of the Dark Depository and a certain Halfling: 31[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #527[/trigger]

Map is updated. You find your way over to where a business district and living district join up. The larger buildings and stalls are business's, and the two smaller buildings are houses. A gentleman working at one of the stalls, says "Dark Depository? Never heard of it, but a halfling did come through here yesterday afternoon. He went that way" The man says gesturing towards the two small houses, in the NW corner.

Last edited:
you troll you....
upload_2016-8-17_18-20-52.png

(I'll tag along with idessa to aid in either knowledge checks or stealth-y things.

Remember when I asked you and hex nicely to log out so I could do a session with LJ? Well I figured out how to put everybody on different maps.

Argor probably came with me, is anyone else up here looking for Zanros/his hole?

Idessa looks around that direction for traces of Halfling and/or buildings and municipal features that a halfling would like.

!roll 1d20+1 #Perception

[trigger]Perception: 8[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #531[/trigger]

Memsie comes hauling little gnome ass out of the library, having slept far to long his companions had already left. "Reek, FLIGHT!" He sends the bat airborne to search through the city streets, attempting to get a glimpse of the very distinctive snake-lady compadre.

!roll 1d20+12 #BAT EYES Perception

If successful, he will meet up with the crew. Are there any windows on this chunk of two homes that we were pointed to for Zanros' whereabouts? If so, I'm climbing and going in a window.

!roll 1d20-2 #Buff-boi climb.

[trigger]BAT EYES Perception: 24[/trigger]
[trigger]Buff-boi climb.[/COLOR]: 8[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: TimeCrush Re: #533[/trigger]

Idessa: You see two houses, not much else.

Memsie: You left the library with everyone and can come along. There are windows on both of the houses but you fall flat on your face trying to climb in (a -2 isn't going to be high enough of a modifier to make it in).

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6334 Online 420 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom