[Story Progression] The Great Library of Tephu

[trigger]Diplomacy to charge exorbitant prices: 24[/trigger]
[trigger]Honeyed Tongue lets me roll twice and take better: 16[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Hexalan Re: #66[/trigger]

Melt in your mouth not in your hands just barely makes it through the front gate before collapsing in the early morning glow. "Went and checked out the TOTALLY EVIL shit going on upriver. Cultists, Aerosmith Song topics, Falcon Cats, all this and more; just upriver 'bout half an hour. Imma recharge." Memsie starts thinking of the spells he wants on deck and passes out in the sand.

Idessa: Mavruk and Memsie were gone during the night and came back before morning so you would know about their exploits before setting out. It seems everybody knows that an inner sanctum of the library exists beneath the outer sanctum, though nobody seems to agree as to what's in it. A few people even suggest that other libraries exist beneath the inner sanctum and that the great library extends nearly a mile underground. If you remember before you left Wati, Septi said "They have many libraries hidden throughout the city".

Barter successful you can sell the fullplate? for 720gp.

Aech and I could go leave a message for the jolly guv'nor tomorrow about goings-ons with silly masked men, and/or try to convince her/the libraians to let us into the vault of secrets.

Upon the arrival of everyone else Isal will take her time and ready to go in against the cult at the hideout. making sure she has everything nice bright and shiny.

Alright Idessa returns around noon time from her fact finding, which is about the time Mavruk and Memsie wake up after their late night. It's sundown when Aech makes it back and reports his findings (available in the library research thread). Only a sliver of sun can still be seen above the western horizon, what would everyone like to do next?

Spell'd up and ready to go, the original candy coated chocolate gets ready with the housemates to assault the camp to the north.

Marshall Mathers waits until the sun begins to set again before venturing out. Keeping an eye out for the Sphinx to bed before proceeding, he begins to venture North. "These guys were plentiful, and ready to fight. Mavruk can attest to that. Their camp is in a clearing of reeds, and as such we could get a pincer type maneuver, resulting in easy flanks near right off the bat. Weakest members stick near me. Whoever is the worst off, if it comes to that point, will be able to make a getaway with myself. They have a bird beast that won't hesitate to fuck our couches, and if we can get a way to bring him to the ground we will have a far easier time. We should use our walk there to plan our attack."

"That would not be my first time being swallowed whole, Isal. It takes more to dissuade Zanros Ipabar!"

Mavruk is not one for extensive strategy but knows that a good plan is key to success. He leaves specific tactical decisions to those with more intelligence and will aid in the execution of the plan where possible.

Should Aech desire to accompany her, Idessa will write a note heavily implying that the local guard is incapable of handling the cult on their own, pointing out the Covenant's independent discovery and subsequent plan of engagement with the Cult hideout to the north. Of course, the Covenant would welcome any additional resources or access to knowledge sources. She'll take it to the Governor, and if she is not quick in actually appearing, she'll return home in preparation for the night assault. If the governor does decide to care about the domestic terrorists, Idessa will chat with her with regarding the contents of the note.

Map is up on roll20, make your moves. You're starting at the southern end, remember to make sneaky checks if you want to move quietly. I extended the map southwardly so everything outside of the clearing is high reeds.

EDIT*: The Nethysian temple is already closed, the Haty-a Deka An-Kheret will not be there

Last edited:
[trigger]Stealth: 33[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #83[/trigger]

I'll hang back until I'm needed... since I can't stealth for shit.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9711 Online 669 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom