Theme Park Studio (Kickstarter) - The next RollerCoaster Tycoon Style Game?

Net

Achievement Hunter
FUNDED Thanks Everyone! There is still time to get in cheaper than retail release!

Trying to help our friends over at Pantera Entertainment get enough funding to finish up Theme Park Studio. It is almost like Roller Coaster Tycoon on Steroids. We need your help to spread the word!

So I know from the way it seems right now this game looks to be purely ride creation with super freeking awesome graphics, but if you read down a little in the description you see this beauty.

They do promise a money management/park management integration if they receive enough funding to develop that.

So. I am planning on backing this game and I was hoping a few of you would be interested as well!

804a3769700503b41a19bdfd8d968a65_large.jpg

Kickstarter Page - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011099242/theme-park-studio-create-the-ultimate-theme-park?ref=category

image-252780-full.jpgimage-252778-full.jpgimage-252779-full.jpg804a3769700503b41a19bdfd8d968a65_large.jpg

UPDATE 5/15 - by English

Pantera Entertainment has reached their goal and will be successfully funded in 4 days when the campaign ends! Congratulations to them and I am sure they are super grateful for all the support they have received! We look forward to the game's release!

I would back the shit outta that. I always like building Sims. I was super dissapointed by Sim City and never did purchase it (might still pick it up on sale) but this one looks like fun :D

New Update, with some nice looking screenshots!

Kickstarter Page Is Here

We are working on the entrance video. It will show gameplay footage of creating a park entrance, with paths and vegetation, from scratch. We are hoping to include guests in this video. We are just waiting on the characters to modeled, rigged and animated. The bones engine is integrated and animated characters have been tested. We are still hoping to squeeze this in before the campaign ends.

In the meantime, we wanted to provide our backers a progress report. The path tool has been integrated and the vegetation library installed. We also setup the path object library. All these libraries can be seen in the screenshots.

These new tools are both powerful and super easy to use. Creating your park layout, adding vegetation, and dropping in environmental objects is a snap. Basically all you need to do is click any of the preset path sections, then select one of the blue spheres (seen in the screenshots). These are the path control points. Next, from the path properties (located in the lower right corner in the screenshot), simply click any of the Road, Fence, or Sidewalk buttons. Each can be independently enabled and sized. You can create anything from wide roads with deep sidewalks and high fences, to just a tall wall for creating a barrier around your scene.

Next drag the blue node anywhere in your park. The software automatically adjusts the curvature and tension, creating smooth turns with little effort. Next, simply click any of the Tree, Lamp, or Hedge buttons, or select an object from your library. Theme Park Studio automatically creates your objects for you, contouring them to your path. You can independently adjust separation, random rotation, scale, and interval distance. Or simply let the software make the right adjustments for you. Best of all, if you decide you do not like the position of the road, simply click on one of the blue nodes again and drag. All the trees, lamps, hedges, and custom objects will automatically reposition themselves wherever you have placed or shaped your path. No more hand moving objects one, by one. Of course, if you want, you can always pick an object from our extensive libraries and hand place it anywhere for that extra polish.

All the vegetation seen in the screenshots has been procedurally built and was created using our own vegetation design tool, which is included in the Platinum edition.

Laying out your paths is incredibly easy with these new features. We look forward to seeing all the amazing designs our backers will create.

tps_1.jpg

I wish they would set up for PayPal on their website too. Stupid kickstarter and their using Amazon account shit never works.

I am slightly bothered by the fact that I bought into it over the weekend and they got my money but I never got any sort of confirmation email from them.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6334 Online 420 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom