Things coming soon... to a Vault Near You

VintagePC

GodModePC
VF4-S (Server Operator)
Forum Operator
Minecraft Operator
Global Moderator
Staff Member
Just a note for everyone that we do have some big plans in the works for the future to make VF4 even more awesome. Some things are still in early planning... so I can't say too much about them yet, but I _am_ psyched about what's coming...hint:vault-toberfest

I have a few projects myself which I hope to look at in the very near future and I'd like to share them so folks know what to expect:

1. Permissions overhaul. While the way we initially set up permissions and so on (and the auto-sync to sourcebans) works well, there are a few quirks and limitations. So in the near future I hope to revamp the permissions layout for the forums to make it easier for us to manage and less likely to break when we need to make changes or add a new permission level/group. For the most part, it there shouldn't be a noticeable impact for anyone, but if you have problems that don't clear up after an hour or two, shoot me a PM. I'll make an update post when I start this project.

2. Patch notes forum. This was brought up in another thread and I'm going to see what I can do and how practical it is without too much time investment. I anticipate it may start slow but pick up after we successfully add more games to it.
What I'd like to know is what games people would like to see there, and also how you currently obtain the patch notes (email, blog, etc.). This will give me a better idea of what kind of work/effort I can expect.

for a majority of games patch notes should be easy enough to put together if they have a RSS feed xenforo has a built in rss application http://xenforo.com/help/feeder/, for any game on steam there is already a rss feed for this stuff which can be filtered to pick up what you want http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/news.xml. Games outside of steam though probably are more of a pain in the butt.
the game updates i look at probably no one plays anymore lol... diabro3, gw2, and path of exile

OK, I'm starting to tinker with perms casually. It may take a day or two for me to finish but I plan to do it in stages so that things don't get broken (for long periods) along the way :)

Update... Groups are set up and people assigned to them. I'm done for the night, nobody's perms should have been affected (if they have, PM me!). Tomorrow is when I start actually changing the perms so there'll be a bit of havoc, and unless I screw it up horribly all should be as it was before by the time I'm done.

Update... Groups are set up and people assigned to them. I'm done for the night, nobody's perms should have been affected (if they have, PM me!). Tomorrow is when I start actually changing the perms so there'll be a bit of havoc, and unless I screw it up horribly all should be as it was before by the time I'm done.
Yeah mine's messed up. I don't have root any more. Fix plz

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48185 Members
(8199 Online 455 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom