UPDATE: ctf_4turbine_b3

HTSFM

Noob
<font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">
C7708E5DAA40C9C2BA2BC6B0DFBA1F8C9FDD0E49
</font>
111D58816D337A0679DFAFC42F0E3BF823BC9790
EBA69D4EF479A48415B0329F07CCF9411B43BE8C

<font face="Arial, Verdana">So after I failed to create a working version of 4fort (probably because the map can't really be done for 4 teams). I decided to move on to something I though would be ultimately a better map as a whole. Ctf_4turbine. My original intention was for this map to be a king of the hill rather than capture the flag but I quickly discovered that right now tf2c does not have the required materials for koth based game modes. I decided to keep it as ctf since no other existing gamemode in tf2c would really work (other than dethmatch but I feel that it is getting to much attention right now). Because it is my first "proper" map that I have made using the god awful source 1 hammer which is made even worse by the fact I had just been using the source 2 version of hammer to make a Dota 2 map (which I never released). The map has gone through a total of three versions, each of them suffered a major issue that effectively made the map unplayable and worse. The first version I messed up myself because I was to stupid to look up how to fix a certain issue that I was having. For some reason when I made the second version of the map, every trigger lost it's properties and destroyed anything inside it when I rendered the map. The third version had an issue that was affecting every version of the map with spawn rooms that prevented the Green and Yellow team from exiting the area. I changed the spawn rooms to fix this problem so now I am able to show this map for what I have done. I have had to create a few textures for this map, so if you want to get this map properly working you will have to install them as well,I will provide the necessary instructions so you should be able to have them working properly.</font>
Here is a list of basically all the features of this map that are in it so far. I hope I will be able to test this map out with people however I do not own any servers so I have no idea quite how I am going to do that.-Added Green and Yellow teams along with their map area's.-Opened up new area's of the existing map that previously couldn't be accessed.-Created new textures to fit the yellow and green teams of this map.-Removed stairs in the middle of the map and replaced with a alternative root inside each of the Team's buildings.-Added and removed certain parts of each teams spawn room which allow players to exist spawns in two different parts of the map to make it harder for enemy teams to spawn camp.-Changed the location of the briefcase to the middle of the map which does not belong to any specific team.
Bugs/issues that need to be fixed.-Lighting is incomplete so the map is darker than it is supposed to be-Textures for the Green and Yellow team are far from complete and new ones will have to be made at a later date.-I expect that players may suffer frame rate issues from a bug preventing me from using area portals. So far my performance has not changed but on multiplayer servers and for some computers then it will likely cause some lag.-Their are most likely other issues I am unaware about so leave a comment if you find anything I have not mentioned here.
Install: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocvyf0hum4rnmlg/TF2C%20download.rar?dl=0
<div><font face="Arial, Verdana">Place all of these in your tf2c folder including the materials (the map wont work otherwise).</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">
</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">Do a virus scan if you think I am trying to infect your computer.</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">
</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">You can reach me at http://steamcommunity.com/id/happytrollSFM/ if you have a question or wish to help in the making of this map.</font></div>

The stairs and other brushes that'd ruin VVIS are func_details
To bring them to simple brushes and not brush entities, just select the func_detailed objects and press ctrl+t. Though, this will turn all of them to brushes, and you will have to re-func_detail ALL the brushes. Just know what you'll need to re-func_detail for VVIS to work again.....

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6486 Online 450 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom