VaultF4 Proudly Presents: VaultOberFest!!!

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by LavaRed, Sep 23, 2013.

1. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

[​IMG]

Hello everyone! As we bring our very first year to a close, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and dedication to our growing community! Without you, we most certainly would not have conquered our obstacles and made it to where we are today.

With that being said, I have some amazing news which comes with an insane opportunity! VaultF4 has received a generous offer from not just one, but TWO anonymous benefactors! These awesome people have informed us that they will be matching donations, during the month of October, 1:1 up to a maximum of $500 PER PERSON!!!! For example, $1 donation+$2 from benefactors=$3 for VaultF4!!! That's insane!!!

Therefore, I present to you....VaultOberFest!!! During the month of October, VaultF4 will be holding a fundraiser, with prizes, to raise money for Vault! I know, we're ALWAYS trying to raise money to pay our bills yadda yadda...but this is extremely different. We have located an affordable server box, which would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce our bills because we will no longer have to pay to rent space on someone else's! This is a huge opportunity for us to become self-sufficient and give something back to YOU. If we, as a community, can raise significant funds, then November may well be the VERY LAST MONTH that VaultF4 has any server bills!!!

I'm sure most of you remember the Raid The Vault giveaway we held when we first opened the Vault doors. While I would love to give away an expensive gaming device, or a high-value Steam Card, it's not something that VaultF4 can afford. Instead, we have a diverse collection of games and potentially high-value Team Fortress 2 items(Yes, we mean hats)!

To briefly outline the structure of this fundraiser:

Entries will begin accumulating on October 1st!!!! All donations prior to this date will be amazing generosity but will not earn you extra entries.

Donators will earn 1 entry per dollar donated(e.g. $5 donation=5 entries). Donations can be made via the account upgrades panel. For custom amounts not included, just shoot one of us a PM and we'll give you the PayPal info. Update: We will now accept TF2 keys of any variety (summer cooler keys, robo keys, or just regular-old keys) as well as metal! The rates are 2 entries per key and 1 entry for 3ref to have your name entered into the donator pool. Other high-value items can be negotiated. Reechard really wants a Bill's. Contact Reechard, LavaRed, or Vintage to trade and have your entries put in.

Yes, you can absolutely earn a chance to have your name entered without donating! For every 1 hour of play time on any VaultF4 Source server, you will get 1 entry into the drawing! Donators are also eligible for playtime entries and will be dual-entered into both pools.

If you are only competing for entries via playtime on Source servers, you will need to post in this thread confirming that you are doing so. In addition, please make sure that your Steam account is linked to your Forum account so that we can accurately record your playtime. We don't want you to miss entry opportunities!! All Source server play time will be tracked via HLStats.

Prizes will be split into 2 categories so as to make winning opportunities fair for all. Donators will have the chance to win prizes with a higher value. Winners will be able to choose from the list of prizes in their categories as their name is chosen.

On November 1st, names will be picked randomly out of a hat by me via livestream at 10pm EST! Yes, I will quite literally be putting names on pieces of paper and putting them in a hat(probably my Teemo hat).

Current list of games available:

Donators

Saints Row III
    Torchlight II
    Payday
    Sleeping Dogs

Mount and Blade Collection
    Sanctum
    Dungeon Defenders
    Sanctum 2(2 copies)
    Bioshock Collection

The Witcher
    Fallout 3
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Postal 2(2 copies)
    GMod(2 copies)
    Dark Soul

English Country Tune
    Intrusion 2
    Trine 2: Complete Story
    Mark of the Ninja
    Eets Munchies
    BrĂ¼tal Legend
    FTL: Faster Than Light
    Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
    A Virus Named TOM
    LIMBO
    Bastion
    Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising

Titan Quest
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
    Killing Floor

Non-donators

Left 4 Dead 2
    Torchlight
    McPixel(2 copies)
    Little Inferno
    Demolition Bundle
    Universe Sandbox(2copies)
    Hacker Evolution

Nimbus
    E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy
    Binding of Isaac Collection
    Basement Collection
    Postal 2
    GMod(3 2 copies)
    Dynamite Jack
    Nightsky
    Super hexagon
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Splice
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    Aquaria
    Fractal
    Stealth Bastard Deluxe
    Organ Trail: Director's Cut
    Frozen synapse

Broken Sword: Director's Cut
    McPixel
    Waking Mars
    The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
    Closure
    Shank 2
    Snapshot
    Legend of Grimrock
    Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
    Cave story

Offspring Fling
    Dear Esther
    Capsized
    Thomas was alone
    Awesomenauts
    Little inferno
    Hotline Miami
    Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers

**Disclaimer** We reserve the right to add/change prizes at any time depending upon availability

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

And yes, I will be seeing about adding a playtime tracker so you can see what we've clocked you at ;)

3. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

i think that list needs to be updated :3

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

We're just waiting on final confirmation of some additional items (read: hats) to update the list ;)

(and yes, I can now confirm there will be a lovely donation bar and playtime counter going live on October 1st when we launch. WOHOO!)

5. tigar

tigar Achievement Hunter

oh i know but i also mean a list of other things i gave lava for her to add to here :3

6. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Updated prize lists!

7. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS VF4 Supporter Tabletop GM

Now that it's October, we simply post here no?

8. VintagePC

Yessir :)

9. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

The way I read it is you only post here if you only want entries from play time. If you donate you will automatically be entered. You better donate!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  10. VintagePC

This is correct. Posting here is only necessary to "activate" the playtime tracking for entry in the playtime prize pool. Donators will be automatically entered in the donation prize pool, which is a separate thing.

11. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

I donated $5 at 1:05 AM Eastern time and the server is at CST time no? I didn't get any tickets :'(

12. VintagePC

Yes, we have that logged. The sidebar counter is only for playtime tickets.

13. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

Um...post? Yay!

15. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

this will haunt me in my sleep. Is there a way to donate more than what is offered in the menu?

16. LavaRed

There sure is...just shoot a pm to one of the ops for a direct how-to.

17. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

I want to do this dance to stop kids from asking for candy at my house XD

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

This is you isn't it reechard?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin Srcds Server Operator Minecraft Operator Source Server Admin Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I'm about that good at dancing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Reechard

Main post updated with a new donation method!