You Know What Really Grinds Geoff's Gears?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geoff, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

I got my friend to agree with this. xD

2. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Gal Bladder removal increases the bile your body produces. Bile acts as a laxative. AKA chronic diarrhea. It also worsens with caffeine, greasy or sugary foods and dairy products.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

I think...this topic went too far into the "creepy shit that should stay secret" category...:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

I move to make a new "TMI/NOSLEEP" topic into which one should only venture if they dare...

5. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS VF4 Supporter Tabletop GM

Seconded.

Now to get back on track...

You know what really grinds my gears, when people call others worthless piles of crap. This morning(around 4 to be precise) I had to deal with my brother, arguing with his wife. This included pulling his drunk ass off her, and away from her. His actions really pissed me off to the point where I actually thought about doing one of two things, calls the cops, or something worse very much unlike my nature.

6. Geoff

You know what really grinds my gears?

When you only have a couple items at the grocery store, and the person in front of you has a full cart SEES you but doesn't offer to let you in front. Now, being the guy I am, I always turn them down when they tell me to go ahead, and I only go ahead if they insist. But when someone completely ignores me and figures I'd love to wait 30 minutes for them...ugh. Is it more awkward to stand in that line and wait or to go and find a new line?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) Srcds Server Operator Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member

What, so because they were there first, they're obligated to give up their spot in line just because you have fewer items and come sauntering up later? I fail to see the logic there. Yes, it's NICE of them to offer to let you go first... but it is by no means a right or an entitlement. If you only have a few items, use the express lane. That's what it's there for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Geoff

When I said "grocery store", I didn't mean big places like Meijers. I don't go to those places and only get a couple items.

I meant like my small town grocery store. Where we tend to only have 1 spot open. And when they get there before me, it's usually RIGHT before me. Frustrating as hell.

Do they HAVE to let me go ahead? Obviously not. But are you telling me that if you were at a store, had a cart full of shit that would take 5-10 minutes to go through and someone just got behind you with 3 items, you'd not give it a second thought?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. VintagePC

Nope. I might go "oh, damn. Ah, well." If they do let me in front, It's awesome, but if not, I don't care - I don't go into a grocery store having any expectation of the time I'm going to get out. Life's not worth getting pissed over petty things like that.

10. Blood Feast Island Man

Blood Feast Island Man I Demand more Pudding. I'll be in my bunk.

You know what makes me laugh?

when a thread purely about complaining becomes the most popular thread on the forum, and the entire community is guilty of contributing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. gjknutsen

gjknutsen Well-Known Member

You know what grinds my gears?

Your mother.

12. Iceh

What grides my gears?
    How often the O-Train comes. Which is not often enough.

13. VintagePC

Well... complaining is stress relief, no? :D

Excuse me sir...

YOU OF ALL PEOPLE were the one that clicked "like" on that (^^) post. Hypocrite :p :D

14. Geoff

Damnit, I wanted to say "not true"...but yeah this topic apparently just went passed the birthday topic. Shit...

WOOHOO!

15. TimeCrush

TimeCrush Achievement Hunter Source Server Admin Staff Member

Gears; ground; guess why?

People don't appreciate corduroy bellbottoms. Funky all by myself today.

16. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

... No

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Iceh

18. VintagePC

Well I can't help it you use uncommon terms that sound like terrible euphemisms :p

19. Geoff

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who give a fuck about "reviews" for games. Or even movies for that matter. I know, I'll get the "Well how else will I tell if the game is good?". How about, find videos of it? Reviews are complete shit. Especially since everyone seems to think that if a game doesn't get a 9.8/10, it must be a failure. Oh, only a 7/10? Well, I expected 10/10 so I won't buy.

Seriously, just wtf.

20. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Um, wtf indeed? After you posted like 10 reviews for Amnesia...