[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Sounds like a plan to me. I don't think anyone should go alone until we know what we are dealing with.

Ok,I'll check out the magic I saw earlier.

Kiryu will go back to where he sensed the magic and see what he can find.

Variel follows the group into the building and kneels to look under the rest of the beds to see if anything else is hiding under them.

!roll 1d20+6? #perception

[trigger]perception: 22 = [16] + 6[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #223[/trigger]

Variel, Kiryu, & Alkonost: You find no more Ankheg's under the beds, you do see a small mound of dirt with an opening at the top. Inside the bag with the magical Auras you find 87 gp and 321 sp, you also find a magical talisman and a wand with the initials U.H. carved on the base (Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft to exactly what you found).

Maura & Eko: This rectangular building is constructed of mud brick walls. The building has a simple door facing east, but unlike all other buildings in the colony, it lacks any windows. A heady smell of dried plants, herbs, and dried meat lingers in the air.

[trigger]Spellcraft Talisman: 26 = [16] + 10[/trigger]
[trigger]Spellcraft wand: 26 = [16] + 10[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #225[/trigger]

Kiryu: You identify a lesser talisman of good fortune, and a wand of color spray with 12 charges remaining

Noticing Eko + Maura encountered no immediate danger with the first outbuilding, Alkonost will wait for Kiryu to complete their necessary rituals over the items and head to (BR, 36) with the other two, when they're ready.

Eko looks around.

!roll 1d20 + 7? #perception

[trigger]perception: 12 = [5] + 7[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #229[/trigger]

Eko & Maura: You step into the building and descend steps into a packed earth room. Its slightly cooler in this building, its completely dark except for the light coming in through the open door. A heavy aroma of decayed vegetables and meat assails you. As you begin adjusting to the darkness an angry buzzing begins filling the room. An angry swarm of cockroaches has taken up residence in this building. The cockroach swarm uses the surprise round to form.

Turn Order:
Variel 22.03
Alkonost 21.03
Eko 15
Maura 14.03
Cockroach Swarm 13.02
Kiryu 3.02

Variel and Alkonost it is a DC 20 perception to hear the buzzing and act on it. If you get 19 or less you don't know anything is wrong.

[trigger]perception: 21 = [15] + 6[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #231[/trigger]

[trigger]perception: 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #232[/trigger]

Variel perks up and turns to Alkonost.

There's a strange sound coming from where the others are. I'm going to see if they need a hand.

Variel draws her weapon and heads in the direction of the noise.

Cocking his snowy head in at an unnatural angle as if straining to hear, then Alkonost narrows his eyes in confirmation and nods, double moving to BR, 24

Eko! Maura! Are you alright??

(Swift action enter snake style)

Eko shouts something about filthy cockroaches, draws his flail and bashes at them (bludgeoning dmg)

!roll 1d20 + 3? #attack
!roll 1d10 + 3? #damage

[trigger]attack: 16 = [13] + 3[/trigger]
[trigger]damage: 9 = [6] + 3[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #235[/trigger]

I think drawing is my move action, but if not I'll 5-foot step out the door.

Eko: Drawing is your move action, because you don't have +1 BAB yet. You swing at the cockroaches and kill 1 of the 5000 cockroaches, not affecting the swarm in any meaningful way. The Swarm sweeps over you. Swarms automatically damage, and you need a Fort Save to not be nauseated (which I'm rolling now). DC is 14. Kiryu is up

!roll 1d6 #Swarm Damage
!roll 1d20+3 #Eko Fort Save

[trigger]Swarm Damage: 3[/trigger]
[trigger]Eko Fort Save: 6[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Statboy Re: #238[/trigger]

I'm on the way. What is attacking this time?

Kiryu draws his weapon and moves towards the sound.(BS14 to BR17 )

If Variel can attack around the corner...

This weapon is far from ideal.
!roll 1d20 #attack
!roll 1d6 #damage

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8561 Online 435 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom