[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

[trigger]attack: 16[/trigger]
[trigger]damage: 1[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #240[/trigger]

At the mention of cockroaches, Alkonost will attempt to hover 10' above the ground on his underdeveloped wings

!roll 1d20+1? #Fly, DC 15 Check

His voice shrill, he squawks

If you can't fight them, get out and shut the door behind you!

[trigger]Fly, DC 15 Check: 9 = [8] + 1[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #241[/trigger]

Variel: You spear a single cockroach on your rapier, however with 5,000 cockroaches, this doesn't affect the swarm in any way. Only attacks that target everything in a square is effective against swarms (so AOE's).

Alkonost: Having a racial fly gives you a +8 racial bonus on fly checks. I've added that onto your sheet. You pass your hover check, and are hovering 10 feet off the ground.

Eko's turn. Remember you are nauseated and can take only a single move action

I'll NOPE out (BT28) and close the door behind me, feeling satisfied I squashed one.

also, there should only be 4,999 after the one I killed :stir:

Maura drops her crossbow, moves up to the closed door and stuffs her bedroll into the space between the door and the ground to try to keep the cockroaches inside.

The buzzing continues loudly behind the door, but no Cockroaches emerge from the door. You are back out of combat.

Oh dear. At least it wasn't spiders. Then we'd have to burn the building down. Why don't we give them a few more minutes and then continue on with the next building?

Y'know, I seem to recall having a pyromaniac flying friend at one point... I lost touch with him after he went to seek his fortune abroad. Something about a coffer...

I wish they were now...perhaps someone aboard the ship has the means to fight those bugs. In the meantime, let's stay together as we check these last few structures.

Alkonost will wait for the team before proceeding to (BR, 36)

Guess I was the only one to get some alchemist fire and acid in case we ran into stuff like this.

Unless Kiryu is interested in using those consumables + the party wants to attack the swarm, Alkonost will move to the next building, BR, 36, waiting for the remainder of the party before entering.

Alkonost: You approach a mud wall building that has a door facing east and one shuttered window. Above the door is a plain wooden sign that reads, “Tool House.”

Variel: As you guys talk about people on the boat that could help, you remember being introduced to Alba Divenvaar, the town Alchemist. One of the mundane regular task's you were given for the colony is assisting her. She has levels in Alchemist.

Eko trails along after, scribbling furiously in his notebook.

When the rest of the party has gathered, Alkonost will open the door.

Clever trick, Maura. Let us be ready with our weapons, who knows what else we will find?

Eko positions himself nearby, flail at the ready.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(9639 Online 820 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom