[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Hanging on the wall from hooks and nails are an assortment of tools, such as hammers, handsaws, hatchets, machetes, trowels, and the like. Also in the room are barrels of tar, shovels, and a ladder. On one table sits a chest with the words emergency only carved onto the top. You can see a padlock on the chest.
     
  2. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Hmmm...i wonder what's in here...

    Variel approaches the chest after sheathing her weapon and fishing some thieves tools from her pack.

    !roll 1d20+5? #disable device

     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    disable device: 17 = [12] + 5

    For: Srekcins Re: #262
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You open the lock with relative ease. Inside you find a swarmsuit and 2 vials of alchemist fire.
     
  5. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will cast Detect Magic in the room.
     
  6. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    It seems we may have found the means to handle our problem next door. I still may not be the best combatant but I can support if needed

    Alkonost doesn’t have particularly high dex and may be concealing a latent fear of insects lol
     
  7. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel hold out one of the vials.

    Is there anyone else who might be good at landing these in the right spot? Assuming we want to dispatch the roaches, that is. And maybe rock, paper, scissors to use the suit?
     
  8. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: your detect magic turns up no auras
     
  9. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Lets check out the remaining two buildings, then decide what to do about that swarm. There may be more stuff we can use.

    Kiryu will head down to the next building.
     
  10. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura heads with Kiryu to the next building.

    I'm not a bad throw if it comes to it.
     
  11. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko listens at the door of the new building.

    !roll 1d20 +7? #percept
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    percept: 18 = [11] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #270
     
  13. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will follow, ready to enter based on Eko’s signal

    One of you can wear the suit when the time comes. I agree that we should check every building for threats, beginning here.
     
  14. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura and Kiryu: This L-shaped building is constructed of mud bricks on a wooden frame. The western portion is of the structure is enclosed by four walls. This section has a single open window on the south side, with a canvas curtain hung across the opening. The single entrance is a wooden door, standing slightly ajar, on the southern end of the eastern face of the building. A ten-foot extension connects to the building on the east side. This extension has only a northern wall and is otherwise just a roof sheltering the space below, which is open to the outside. Underneath this cover is a forge with an exhaust flue directly above it, a worktable covered in metal scraps, a small tub of black water, and a partially sheltered anvil.

    Eko: Where are you doing a perception at? You are currently back at the building you've already searched on the map.
     
  15. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    dammit, did the token not update?
     
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: Peering into the slightly open door you glimpse movement and hear a quiet rustling sound. The interior is dark as all the windows are shut. You cannot make out anything with your limited view, but the movement ceases as soon as your shadow passes over the door.

    Side note, the sun is beginning to set, you have about 1 hour of daylight left.
     
  17. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will head into the building (BO, 59), squawking out

    If anyone is in here, show yourself!


    !roll 1d20+7? #perception w darkvision
     
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  18. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Huh guess you can’t edit in a roll, once again

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception w darkvision
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception w darkvision: 10 = [3] + 7

    For: Alkonost Re: #276
     
  20. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    *whispers: I'm pretty sure there's something moving around in here, be careful
     
  21. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura loads her crossbow and then moves up to the door behind Alkonost.
     
  22. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As soon as Alkonost addresses the creatures in the building the door slams shut, Alkonost, you only see a flash of brown furry arm about 5 feet off the ground. Slightly high pitched voices begin speaking in common.

    Voice 1: Moron, you gave away the ambush, they know we're here now.
    Voice 2: They didn't see me, they smelled you fur-butt
    Voice 3 shouting at the party outside: This forge belongs to the Ghost-Hater tribe. Leave now or we will kill you. We have an arsenal of weapons inside, and we will use it against you. Leave now and keep your life.
     
  23. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    What will you do if we stay outside? Are you going to sit in here forever?
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice