[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Oh, it would be such a shame if they were to stay in there forever. They would miss out on some rather lovely coffee.

    Would the Ghost-hater tribe like to share some coffee?


    !roll 1d20+5? #diplomacy
     
  2. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    diplomacy: 14 = [9] + 5

    For: Kiryu Re: #281
     
  3. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost, in the building and unable to see the source of the voices readies himself for contact

    This home belongs to the settlement, a claim has already been staked after it was built. You may join my friends for coffee or you may leave, but we will be coming in.
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost: I apologize I didnt make it clear, they slammed the door on you, leaving you outside the door. You saw the arm slamming the door in your face as you tried to talk to them.

    3rd voice: This building is ours, we claim it by right of conquest. Humans abandoned, now is ours. We no declare war, but will defend our forge. We no want your bitter drinks. Ghost-Hater tribe is big, we will come and go as we please, bring reinforcements if you declare war on tribe.
     
  5. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    (Oh my apologies) Alkonost, understanding the limits of his social tact, steps away from the door and waits for his more affable companions to defuse the situation. He will then quietly walk to the rear of the structure (bl, 58)

    !roll 1d20+1 #stealth (lmao here goes)
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    stealth (lmao here goes): 18

    For: Alkonost Re: #284
     
  7. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Ghost haters, we do not seek to dispute your claim. We are looking for the humans that were here. If we stand back from the door, would you open it so we may discuss face to face? I am unloading my crossbow.

    Maura, removes the bolt from her bow and slowly eases the wire to it's untensioned state. She then steps away from the door, motioning for Eko to fall back.

    !roll 1d20+4? #Diplomacy roll
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Diplomacy roll: 7 = [3] + 4

    For: theLumberJack Re: #285
     
  9. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel would also sheathe her weapon and attempt to assist.

    We would much rather discuss things than resort to violence.

    !roll 1d20 #Diplomacy
     
  10. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Fuck it, my horrific owl self will attempt to aid.
    There can be an understanding.

    !roll 1d20-2 #aiding Variel's diplomacy
     
  11. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    aiding Variel's diplomacy: 8

    For: Alkonost Re: #287
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Voice 3: We no dumb dumbs, we open door, you shoot magic at us. You gift us all your weapons and leave, and we wont bring the Ghost-Hater army to kill you
     
  13. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    *stepping back from the door*

    Why don't you tell us a little more about yourselves? As noted, we aren't here to fight you. But perhaps we have something in common - enemy of my enemy being a friend and all that.

    !roll 1d20 #diplomacy fail
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    diplomacy fail: 3

    For: VintagePC Re: #289
     
  15. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Are there any windows?
     
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Window on the south side that is open with a curtain covering it
     
  17. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost would like to roll a sense motive on the threat of the ‘army/tribe’ they keep mentioning.

    !roll 1d20+11 #sensemotive
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    sensemotive: 25

    For: Alkonost Re: #292
     
  19. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Voice 3: The enemy of the Ghost-Hater tribe is everyone outside of the tribe. If you come near this building again, we will violently dismember you and give you to the Ghost.

    Alkonost: These creatures sound hostile, but its tough to judge anymore than that without seeing them or knowing what they are.
     
  20. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Is that so? And what ghost do you plan to give us to?
     
  21. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    (probably futile since diplomacy was shit...)

    Has anyone ever joined your tribe, or do you have to be born into it?
     
  22. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    If there are no points of exit/threats around the back of the house, Alkonost will return to the front of the building. To his companions

    I feel if they were a danger, we’d see it by now. There is no way out but the door and window here, we can choose how to handle this, but information on this ghost seems useful.
     
  23. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura loads her crossbow and moves to the southern window. She tries to peak in between the curtains.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  24. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 18

    For: theLumberJack Re: #297
     
  25. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20? #Sense Motive

    Empty threats or is there really a ghost?
     
  26. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Sense Motive: 9 = [9]

    For: Srekcins Re: #298
     
  27. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko & Kiryu: I will not allow you to visit the ghost, and since you cannot prove your bravery by stabbing it, you cannot join the tribe.
    Maura: The curtain completely covers the opening, and must be moved to peer inside.
    Variel: Their tone suggest an almost diefic reverence for this ghost.
     
  28. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost swivels his snowy head back at his companions, his yellow eyes alien and expressionless.

    It will be dark soon— we are not rid of the threats we know of, and haven’t searched all of the buildings. I don’t see this coming to a peaceful end or the use in delaying that approach. They don’t sound too wise. If we wanted to flush them out, we could threaten to send the swarm of roaches in there, push a few of the lone ones we find under the door to emphasize it. Or we could just go in and overpower them, though I worry about possible trickery magic similar to the fey we met earlier.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice