[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Oh, it would be such a shame if they were to stay in there forever. They would miss out on some rather lovely coffee.

Would the Ghost-hater tribe like to share some coffee?

!roll 1d20+5? #diplomacy

[trigger]diplomacy: 14 = [9] + 5[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #281[/trigger]

Alkonost, in the building and unable to see the source of the voices readies himself for contact

This home belongs to the settlement, a claim has already been staked after it was built. You may join my friends for coffee or you may leave, but we will be coming in.

Alkonost: I apologize I didnt make it clear, they slammed the door on you, leaving you outside the door. You saw the arm slamming the door in your face as you tried to talk to them.

3rd voice: This building is ours, we claim it by right of conquest. Humans abandoned, now is ours. We no declare war, but will defend our forge. We no want your bitter drinks. Ghost-Hater tribe is big, we will come and go as we please, bring reinforcements if you declare war on tribe.

(Oh my apologies) Alkonost, understanding the limits of his social tact, steps away from the door and waits for his more affable companions to defuse the situation. He will then quietly walk to the rear of the structure (bl, 58)

!roll 1d20+1 #stealth (lmao here goes)

[trigger]stealth (lmao here goes): 18[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #284[/trigger]

Ghost haters, we do not seek to dispute your claim. We are looking for the humans that were here. If we stand back from the door, would you open it so we may discuss face to face? I am unloading my crossbow.

Maura, removes the bolt from her bow and slowly eases the wire to it's untensioned state. She then steps away from the door, motioning for Eko to fall back.

!roll 1d20+4? #Diplomacy roll

[trigger]Diplomacy roll: 7 = [3] + 4[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #285[/trigger]

Variel would also sheathe her weapon and attempt to assist.

We would much rather discuss things than resort to violence.

!roll 1d20 #Diplomacy

Fuck it, my horrific owl self will attempt to aid.
There can be an understanding.

!roll 1d20-2 #aiding Variel's diplomacy

[trigger]aiding Variel's diplomacy: 8[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #287[/trigger]

Voice 3: We no dumb dumbs, we open door, you shoot magic at us. You gift us all your weapons and leave, and we wont bring the Ghost-Hater army to kill you

*stepping back from the door*

Why don't you tell us a little more about yourselves? As noted, we aren't here to fight you. But perhaps we have something in common - enemy of my enemy being a friend and all that.

!roll 1d20 #diplomacy fail

[trigger]diplomacy fail: 3[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #289[/trigger]

Alkonost would like to roll a sense motive on the threat of the ‘army/tribe’ they keep mentioning.

!roll 1d20+11 #sensemotive

[trigger]sensemotive: 25[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #292[/trigger]

Voice 3: The enemy of the Ghost-Hater tribe is everyone outside of the tribe. If you come near this building again, we will violently dismember you and give you to the Ghost.

Alkonost: These creatures sound hostile, but its tough to judge anymore than that without seeing them or knowing what they are.

(probably futile since diplomacy was shit...)

Has anyone ever joined your tribe, or do you have to be born into it?

If there are no points of exit/threats around the back of the house, Alkonost will return to the front of the building. To his companions

I feel if they were a danger, we’d see it by now. There is no way out but the door and window here, we can choose how to handle this, but information on this ghost seems useful.

Maura loads her crossbow and moves to the southern window. She tries to peak in between the curtains.

!roll 1d20 #Perception

[trigger]Perception: 18[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #297[/trigger]

[trigger]Sense Motive: 9 = [9][/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #298[/trigger]

Eko & Kiryu: I will not allow you to visit the ghost, and since you cannot prove your bravery by stabbing it, you cannot join the tribe.
Maura: The curtain completely covers the opening, and must be moved to peer inside.
Variel: Their tone suggest an almost diefic reverence for this ghost.

Alkonost swivels his snowy head back at his companions, his yellow eyes alien and expressionless.

It will be dark soon— we are not rid of the threats we know of, and haven’t searched all of the buildings. I don’t see this coming to a peaceful end or the use in delaying that approach. They don’t sound too wise. If we wanted to flush them out, we could threaten to send the swarm of roaches in there, push a few of the lone ones we find under the door to emphasize it. Or we could just go in and overpower them, though I worry about possible trickery magic similar to the fey we met earlier.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48198 Members
(5884 Online 278 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom