[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

This forge seems rather defensible, as we found out...

2. Srekcins

Srekcins Well-Known Member

My vote would go for whatever building we can all sleep in together. Though a bed might not be necessary, it would be nice to take advantage of it while they're avaliable, as it may be a luxury we may not have often.

3. Alkonost

Alkonost Not a Noob

I do have a potion CLW in my person.

!roll 1d8+3?

4. VaultBot

VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

1d8+3: 7 = [4] + 3

For: Alkonost Re: #383

5. Alkonost

Alkonost Not a Noob

Alkonost sputters awake, blinking his large strigine eyes around at everyone. Taking some time to gather himself he adds

Either this house or perhaps the large structure we initially came upon, with the offices

6. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Your hearing is remarkable, you can even hear things when you're unconscious. I'm impressed.

:D

7. Srekcins

Well, I don't know about y'all, but I think we should settle in for the night. We've had a rough day.

8. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

If everyone is OK with a bed, we can head to the building right next to the main building (CM36) and set up there. I'll carry the monkey goblin and put him in one of the beds. Is everyone OK with that?

9. VintagePC

I agree this forge might not be the best building. The Monkey goblin might return with allies. I vote we make it look like we are staying here with a trap or two to alert us (anyone have a bell and string?) and move to a different one we've cleared previously. I'm not picky which,

10. theLumberJack

theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

We should hole up in the the main building upstairs. That would be the most defensible.

11. theLumberJack

Maura motions for Eko to help her carry the monkey goblin to the building.

12. VintagePC

Fine by me. Shall we?

*starts toward the door, goblin in tow.

13. Srekcins

Variel helps move the goblin

14. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Unconscious Monkey Goblin and Variel have been moved into the building with Eko and Maura. Make sure to post a watch order if you guys are going to rest for the night

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  15. theLumberJack

My suggestion for watch order:
    Alkonost
    Kiryu
    Maura
    Eko

Variel is the most damaged so they should be left out.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alkonost

Alkonost Not a Noob

This is acceptable.

The large owl posts himself on the porch, circuiting the building every 15-20 minutes.

17. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

The party attempts to sleep

!roll 1d20+7? #Alkonost Perception
    !roll 1d20+7? #Kiryu Perception
    !roll 1d20+0? #Maura Perception
    !roll 1d20+7? #Eko Percpetion

18. VaultBot

VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

Alkonost Perception: 12 = [5] + 7

Kiryu Perception: 25 = [18] + 7

Maura Perception: 16 = [16]

Eko Percpetion: 9 = [2] + 7

For: Statboy Re: #396

19. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Alkonost: You have a quiet shift, nothing to report as it becomes Kiryu's turn to watch
    Kiryu: As you are keeping watch, you become aware of a very faint *tink* *tink* *tink* coming from the second floor. You look up and only for an instant see a tiny sized metallic spider with a single red eye, peering from the second floor balcony down onto the party. As soon as you see it, it begins running. What would you like to do?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  20. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

Kiryu will tap Elk with his foot, then start chasing after the spider. His backpack will be left behind. No light source will be taken because he has darkvision. He will head up the stairs to the south.

As he chases the spider, he yells:Everyone, wake up. I saw a strange metal spider watching us. It was upstairs.

21. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Kiryu will make it to the top of the stairs. Just in time to get a better look at the spider as it opens a window on the second level, then flies out of it. If Kiryu has a ranged weapon he can take a shot if he likes. Everyone else will arrive too late to see anything. Kiryu can attempt a knowledge engineering to identify it as well.

22. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

!roll 1d20+3? #Untrained Engineering

!roll 1d20+4? #Throw dagger

!roll 1d3+5 #Damage

Kiryu will head towards the window after to get the dagger if the spider does not run off with it, and to try and see where the spider goes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice