[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    This large building is durably built in a log cabin–style construction with a thatched pitched roof and three gables. Its several open windows are uncovered, and the sole entrance on the east side of the building is bereft of a door. A small porch covered by a gable shelters this door, though the porch has not been swept and dirt and dust have started to accumulate, while one end of the gable is starting to sag from neglect.
     
  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will percept to check for traps or hazards on the porch. If it appears safe he'll step to just outside the door and do three rounds of detect magic into the building.

    !roll 1d20+7? #percept
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    percept: 11 = [4] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #442
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The interior of this building suggests a modest place of worship—not quite a temple but more than a mere shrine. A table near the center of the west wall appears to serve as an altar, draped in a white but dusty cloth. Behind the table, a large wood carving of a humanoid figure with a stag’s head leans against the wall. Two rows of benches face the altar, although some have been knocked over and two piles of ashes are visible in the aisle between them. Scattered throughout the room are assorted objects related to public worship, such as a chalice and a ceremonial rod. An ornately carved longbow hangs on the wall near the altar, as if on display. Against the north wall is a smaller shrine. Nearby is a wooden statue roughly three feet tall that depicts a male half-human and half-avian creature. One carved wing hangs partially broken from the statue.

    Eko's Detect Magic: 1 weak universal aura coming from the alter; 1 weak evocation aura coming from the ornately carved longbow on the wall behind the alter
     
  5. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    If nobody else needs it, I can at least make use of the shield.
     
  6. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will hand off the shield, then go into the building to help with the search.

    He will use detect magic and try to identify the sources of the magic.

    !roll 1d20+11? #spellcraft longbow

    !roll 1d20+11? #spellcraft alter
     
  7. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    spellcraft longbow: 28 = [17] + 11

    spellcraft alter: 20 = [9] + 11

    For: Kiryu Re: #445
     
  8. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura examines the northern altar, particularly the detached wing.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 4

    For: theLumberJack Re: #446
     
  10. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko sees Maura looking at the wing with a confused expression and wonders what has her so confused.

    He looks at the wing too.

    !roll 1d20+7? #percept
     
  11. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    percept: 12 = [5] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #447
     
  12. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will also approach and see what everyone's looking at.

    What's so interesting?

    !roll 1d20+6 #perception
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You guys looking around notice quite a lot of damage, it appears as though a fight has taken place here. The wing is broken off from the part humanoid statue. You will also notice a trail of blood on the ground. Survival to follow the blood trail, knowledge religion to learn more about both statues.
     
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  14. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You are unable to determine anything more without a Knowledge religion check for each. Must be trained
     
  15. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+8? #religion
     
  16. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    religion: 16 = [8] + 8

    For: Srekcins Re: #451
     
  17. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel and Kiryu: Together you guys examine the alter and longbow. You note that the Statue with the antlers is of Erastil. With that knowledge you determine that the longbow is actually a, Holy Reliquary of Erastil (counts as a Holy Symbol of Erastil). This Longbow is a +1 Composite (2 STR) Holy Reliquary Longbow of Erastil.

    The alter is a little different, while examining it you note the magic has similarities to a haunt. Though the magical aura indicates a magical person. You believe the spirit of a person is forming a haunt, that could manifest at the alter. The haunt is not fully in place yet. You are unable to determine the exact source of the haunt or how to prevent it.
     
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  18. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko ponders the blood trail

    !roll 1d20+3? #survival
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    survival: 6 = [3] + 3

    For: VintagePC Re: #453
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura takes a peek at the blood.

    !roll 1d20+1 #Survival
     
  21. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Survival: 3

    For: theLumberJack Re: #454
     
  22. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Would a spellcraft check be able to determine anything about the haunt?
     
  23. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    No, but someone passing a survival to examine the blood trail would be insightful. As a side note, once a haunt is fully manifested you usually have to perform a specific task to "settle the spirit(s)", that is relevant to their manner of death.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+1? #survival Examining trail
     
  25. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    survival Examining trail: 10 = [9] + 1

    For: Kiryu Re: #457
     
  26. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    3 survival checks failed. You guys cant make anything of the blood on the ground.
     
  27. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    I just don't know what to make of this all. Why don't we take a look around the grounds and then head south to the village?
     
  28. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Should we kill that swarm first? Someone had to deal with it at some point, and I have alchemist fire.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice