[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    True enough. Let's do that first.

    Maura will head to the building with the swarm. Away from computer for now and will move in roll20 later.
     
  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko follows
     
  3. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I think we need to throw alchemist fire, or use splash weapons, at the creatures once they are 10 feet from the building so we don't accidentally burn it down. If the creatures surround someone, we wait for that person to move away then keep hitting the creatures.

    Does anyone not have splash weapons? Also, who wants to put on that swarm suit we found and lure the creatures out?

    (NOTE: Hitting the swarm would start at the BT line to avoid damage to the building.)
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As a reminder with swarm rules, weapons do no damage (unless the creatures are tiny sized, ie a swarm of rats). Your melee and ranged weapons did no damage to the Cockroach swarm. You must use AoE, things that hit everything in a square.

    Reminder to Eko: You did find a trail at the door the southern building next to the Chapel. And you guys did not search the house before you were combated away.
     
  5. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    All I have that would hurt the swarm is a torch, and that wouldn't be much at all. Though I do have a crafting kit that might let me make a few vials of acid that we could use.
     
  6. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I have 10 alchemist fire vials. If we include the 2 vials we found in the storage building, that means each of us can have 3 vials to throw. That should be more than enough. Who wants to draw out the swarm?

    Kiryu will give out 3 alchemist fire to the people that need it. Let me know who is taking it so I can remove them from the inventory.
     
  7. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will take three. She glances toward Eko as Kiryu asks about who will draw out the swarm.
     
  8. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Well, who would be able to best avoid being bitten by them?

    Variel's 15 ac may or nay not be the best.

     
  9. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    We have the swarmsuit, so that will offer a lot of protection. I think it that there are so many of them that getting hit will happen no matter what.
     
  10. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I'd do it, but most things are too big for me to use.
     
  11. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    If nobody else speaks up, Variel will put the suit on.
     
  12. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko looks up from scribbling in his book.

    Oh, sorry! Yes, I'll put on the suit and draw them out. Given how bulky this suit is I won't take any flasks, I'll likely spend most of my time moving so that you can hit them without me being in the way.

    Eko dons the suit and waddles towards the door.

    Say when!
     
  13. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will hold a vial of alchemist fire. His backpack will be placed at a nearby building.(CE28)

    Ready
     
  14. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    How many alchemist fires are being handed to who?
     
  15. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I'm not sure who took the 2 from the storage building, but with those 2, everyone can have 3 total. This should give us more than enough for the fight.

    Maura took 3 from me.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura stands ready with an alchemist's fire in each hand.
     
  17. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will take two fires just in case, and use his trident to push open the door.
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The door swings open, upon a quiet dark building. Inside you find crates, barrels, and castes. The smell of rotting food hangs pungent in the air. You spy a few cockroaches run from the light of the open door, into whatever darkness they can find.
     
  19. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko peers through the door and tries to determine if it's safe to enter...

    !roll 1d20+7? #percept
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    percept: 21 = [14] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #479
     
  21. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel, stands with a vial in hand.

    Maybe the swarm dispersed overnight?
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice