[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko ponders how this went the first time (message 230 on page 12)
     
  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    My roll is a lot better this time and I'm specifically looking for signs of the swarm since I know it's here this round...
     
  3. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: Your perception does not let you see anything more, beyond that, many cockroaches flee into every dark corner when the door opened.
     
  4. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura walks into the room.

    Is the swarm not here?!
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Once Maura walks into the room, an angry hissing fills his ears. The cockroach swarm forms up.

    Initiative Order
    Swarm-21.02
    Variel-11.03
    Kiryu- 9.02
    Eko- 7
    Maura- 5.03

    The swarm will move over Maura
    !roll 1d6 #Swarm Dmg
    !roll 1d20+0? #Maura Fort save vs Nausea
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Swarm Dmg: 2

    Maura Fort save vs Nausea: 4 = [4]

    For: Statboy Re: #485
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura is Nauseated (single move action only, no standard actions) for 1 rnd. Variel is up
     
  8. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel moves closer and readies herself to throw the vial once Maura and Eko are out of the way.

    !roll 1d20+3? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 14 = [11] + 3

    fire damage: 3

    For: Srekcins Re: #487
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: Swarms are large, so you can chuck it at a square not occupied by Maura. Also swarms do not threaten creatures so you never incur the -4 for ranged attack into combat. Your shot however misses, but still does half dmg. Kiryu is up, then Eko, then Maura
     
  11. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will move to BT27 and throw an alchemist fire.

    !roll 1d20? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 6 = [6]

    fire damage: 6

    For: Kiryu Re: #489
     
  13. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko steps north 5 feet and chucks one of his alchemist fires at the swam

    !roll 1d20? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 3 = [3]

    fire damage: 2

    For: VintagePC Re: #490
     
  15. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura takes her one move action to move to BU 26
     
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Flailing flask's of fire, forward at the foe (ok I'm done now), the party manages to not get any direct hits. Misses by 5 or less are still doing half damage, and misses by more than 5 do 1 dmg. So you are chipping away at the swarm. The cockroach swarm angrily hisses, moving towards the door to chase the party. But as soon as a cockroach reaches the sunlight from the door, it retreats.

    The swarm is currently stopped at the doorway, both trying to chase the new smells of the party, and resisting going outside into sunlight. Back to Variel, then Kiryu, Eko, Maura. Maura is no longer nauseated.
     
  17. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel pulls out and throws a second vial.

    !roll 1d20+3? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 22 = [19] + 3

    fire damage: 1

    For: Srekcins Re: #493
     
  19. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu takes a 5 ft step towards the door. Swift action to draw an alchemist fire.

    !roll 1d20+2? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 18 = [16] + 2

    fire damage: 2

    For: Kiryu Re: #494
     
  21. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko lobs his second fire at the swarm.

    !roll 1d20? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  22. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 10 = [10]

    fire damage: 5

    For: VintagePC Re: #495
     
  23. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura moves to BS26 and throws an alchemist fire at the swarm.

    !roll 1d20+3 #Ranged attack
    !roll 1d6 #Fire damage
     
  24. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Ranged attack: 17

    Fire damage: 1

    For: theLumberJack Re: #496
     
  25. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You guys continue to chip away at the swarm. Eko's flask sail's wide and hits the South-Eastern support beam catching it on fire. The swarm takes additional damage from the beam being on fire, but still does not leave the building. The swarm is dwindling in numbers, but you now risk losing the building.

    Back to the top of the turn order with Variel
     
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  26. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will draw out the final vial she has and throw it, hoping she doesn't set something else on fire.

    !roll 1d20+3? #ranged touch attack
    !roll 1d6 #fire damage
     
  27. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    ranged touch attack: 20 = [17] + 3

    fire damage: 6

    For: Srekcins Re: #498
     
  28. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The Cockroach Swarm is completely burned to a crisp. You are now out of combat, but with a building that has just started to catch fire. If nothing is done the building will burn down, along with everything in it.
     
  29. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura goes into the room and starts casting Create Water to create a down pour onto the fire. As this is a cantrip she will keep casting it until the fire, and the area around it is doused.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice