[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will go take one of his waterproof bags, and use it gather sea water to help put out the fire.
     
  2. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura would be able to start putting water on the fire within the first round, stopping it from spreading further. Within 3 rounds the fire is put out.
     
  3. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will detect magic into the building to see if there's anything magical hidden.
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You detect a faint aura of Transmutation coming from a small Teakwood box
     
  5. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will search around the building.

    !roll 1d20+6? #perception
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception[/I]: 26 = [20] + 6

    For: Srekcins Re: #505
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You find the temperature cooler in this building, the floor of which is dug out 3 feet. Hanging from the roof are strings of garlic and and assortment of rotted vegetables. Debris and refuse are strewn across the floor and between the stacks of crates, boxes, and barrels. Much of the food is spoiled and rotten. You are able to notice that some of the containers have remained sealed. Upon examination you observe a sort of paste that has been applied to them. You got a 26 on a Knowledge Nature, which lets you identify this paste as a mash of bay leaves, garlic, and catnip, which are natural pest repellents.

    Kiryu: You will recall a conversation with the ships cook Hondren, who stated that much of the food spoiled on the voyage, and that the colonists were not going to be able to restock the villages provisions of food. The colony will still need to look for more food, but this storeroom will provide some time to do that.

    Everyone: While there is some damage to the one post in this storeroom, you saved what food hadn't spoiled and have received bonus XP.
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Looks like we found some food for the ship. We will have to let them know when we get back. Are there any buildings we haven't searched yet? We split up yesterday, so I want to make sure that we have everything covered.

    Kiryu will head to and look out the south gate to see if there are any buildings or anything else that shows signs of the first expedition in that direction.

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 13 = [6] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #507
     
  10. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko points out the box to the party

    I'm getting an aura of transmutation from that, we should look at it - but carefully!
     
  11. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will gently open the box and look inside.
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: Immediately south you see the houses that make up the village (the maps would be connected but the map is too massive). You see thatched roofed houses some with open doors, some with broken doors, and others still with no doors at all. You see gardens where the weeds are overtaking the vegetables, and a few stretches of farm that have a smattering of crops growing haphazardly.

    Friendly reminder you can use !MC Menu to look at the map in roll20.

    Maura: You find a wand inside the box, you cannot name the spell. Spellcraft to identify the wand.
     
  13. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+8? #Spellcraft to ID the wand
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spellcraft to ID the wand: 11 = [3] + 8

    For: Srekcins Re: #511
     
  15. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko takes off the swarm suit while they are inspecting the wand.

    Should we check out those tents before we head south to look at the village?
     
  16. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Ok, Lets go check that out.

    Kiryu will head towards the tents and look for signs of movement or anyone hiding without getting too close.
    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 16 = [9] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #513
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: Spellcraft failed

    Kiryu: Seven canvas pavilion tents were set up here, all of which are large enough to shelter two to three people each. All but two tents have collapsed due to wind, rain, and lack of maintenance. The two that remain standing lean haphazardly and do not appear to have been entered for a long time. Grass has begun to grow around them.
     
  19. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko joins Kiryu and detect-magics the tents (3R)
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Let's take this wand with us in case we find out anything about it later.

    Maura takes the wand and heads to catch up with the others at the tent and takes a look.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  21. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 18

    For: theLumberJack Re: #516
     
  22. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko finds 5 aura's, 4 of Conjuration, 1 of Transmutation. Pointing these out to Maura, Maura quickly finds the source. 4 potions and a shirt. The 4 potions both Maura, Eko, and Variel, can identify as Cure Light Wounds. The shirt is definitely magical, but it will require a Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana to identify. Elsewere Maura finds mundane tools and gears.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Will taking 10 on spellcraft ID it? Gives me an 18
     
  24. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Where to next? The town?

    We should each take 1 CLW potion.
    Eko hands them out.
     
  25. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura takes a potion.

    Agreed, let's take a look at that shirt and then head into the village.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice