[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

It is somewhat concerning to see this village in such a partial state of construction. It suggests whatever happened here was most definitely not planned or anticipated and the people were interrupted in the middle of their day-to-day lives...

Especially since there's no other indication of what happened besides some blood, and not nearly enough to account for all the people. I wonder why some were injured and others weren't.

Variel says as she follows to the next building.

!roll 1d20+6? #Perception

Agreed. The lack of blood is hopefully a good sign, meaning they have a good chance of still being alive.

Eko follows them to the next building

[trigger]Perception: 14[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #544[/trigger]

The door is sitting broken on the ground. You find the usual backpack with mundane gear, and a bedroll

Kiryu will head to the next building. On the way, he is going to look for any signs that anyone has been around here recently.

!roll 1d20+7 #Perception

[trigger]Perception: 19[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #546[/trigger]

Kiryu: No door has been placed on this building, you find several sleeping bags in the building, giving the impression that a family slept here.

All: Since Eko has pointed out the trail of the heavy object being dragged, anybody can make a survival check once you reach the intersection to follow the trail further.

[trigger]Perception: 15[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #550[/trigger]

Maura: Another empty building, it appears to have not been moved into by anybody

All: As you have searched a number of houses, a disturbing trend has begun to form. You've found belongings left behind, nearly equal to the number of initial colonists. Yet just as telling is what you didn't find. You've found no signs of struggle or blood outside of the chapel, you've found a fine layer of dust everywhere that has been undisturbed for about a month, yet you've found no tracks outside of the one that goes down the main road. Everyone is gone, but everything they owned is still here.

Are the beds used as though residents were interrupted in the night, or are they neatly made?

I have to wonder though, were the inhabitants interrupted and went willingly, or if they were magically whisked away while in the middle of whatever they were doing?

[trigger]Survival: 10 = [9] + 1[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #553[/trigger]

[trigger]survival: 11[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #554[/trigger]

[trigger]survival: 18[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #555[/trigger]

Do we want to finish checking the buildings first, or follow the trail?

I think we will find the same thing over and over again in these buildings. These people seem to have just left. I'm not sure what magic could have done this, but I strongly suspect that magic was involved.

The trail leads south, so lets go that way. We can take a peek in buildings as we pass if you want.

They may be empty, but some of them may have more supplies that we could use. We've found a few handy things in the other buildings and it wouldn't take very long.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(6590 Online 326 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom