[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    It is somewhat concerning to see this village in such a partial state of construction. It suggests whatever happened here was most definitely not planned or anticipated and the people were interrupted in the middle of their day-to-day lives...
     
  2. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Especially since there's no other indication of what happened besides some blood, and not nearly enough to account for all the people. I wonder why some were injured and others weren't.

    Variel says as she follows to the next building.

    !roll 1d20+6? #Perception
     
  3. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Agreed. The lack of blood is hopefully a good sign, meaning they have a good chance of still being alive.

    Eko follows them to the next building
     
  4. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura looks at the building with the broken down door.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  5. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 14

    For: theLumberJack Re: #544
     
  6. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The door is sitting broken on the ground. You find the usual backpack with mundane gear, and a bedroll
     
  7. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will head to the next building. On the way, he is going to look for any signs that anyone has been around here recently.

    !roll 1d20+7 #Perception
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 19

    For: Kiryu Re: #546
     
  9. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: No door has been placed on this building, you find several sleeping bags in the building, giving the impression that a family slept here.

    All: Since Eko has pointed out the trail of the heavy object being dragged, anybody can make a survival check once you reach the intersection to follow the trail further.
     
  10. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu cast Detect Magic in the building.
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You detect no magic
     
  12. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura checks the last house on this road before the intersections.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 15

    For: theLumberJack Re: #550
     
  14. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura: Another empty building, it appears to have not been moved into by anybody

    All: As you have searched a number of houses, a disturbing trend has begun to form. You've found belongings left behind, nearly equal to the number of initial colonists. Yet just as telling is what you didn't find. You've found no signs of struggle or blood outside of the chapel, you've found a fine layer of dust everywhere that has been undisturbed for about a month, yet you've found no tracks outside of the one that goes down the main road. Everyone is gone, but everything they owned is still here.
     
  15. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Are the beds used as though residents were interrupted in the night, or are they neatly made?

    I have to wonder though, were the inhabitants interrupted and went willingly, or if they were magically whisked away while in the middle of whatever they were doing?
     
  16. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will attempt to follow the trail Eko pointed out.

    !roll 1d20+1? #Survival
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Survival: 10 = [9] + 1

    For: theLumberJack Re: #553
     
  18. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will attempt to assist Maura.

    !roll 1d20 #survival
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    survival: 11

    For: Srekcins Re: #554
     
  20. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will take a look.

    !roll 1d20+1 #survival
     
  21. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    survival: 18

    For: Kiryu Re: #555
     
  22. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You are able to determine that the trail continues south from the intersection
     
  23. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Do we want to finish checking the buildings first, or follow the trail?
     
  24. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Let us follow the trail. It is the only thing of note so far.

    Maura heads south.
     
  25. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I think we will find the same thing over and over again in these buildings. These people seem to have just left. I'm not sure what magic could have done this, but I strongly suspect that magic was involved.

    The trail leads south, so lets go that way. We can take a peek in buildings as we pass if you want.
     
  26. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    They may be empty, but some of them may have more supplies that we could use. We've found a few handy things in the other buildings and it wouldn't take very long.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice