[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

[trigger]Perception in the house: 24[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #600[/trigger]

The cottage appears in good condition, being the first house you've seen with proper furniture. Underneath the table you find small barrels of wine, each with a symbol burned into the side. You have preciously discerned this is the holy symbol of Erastil. Tucked under the mattress you find source of Ekos transmutation aura. A longsword with a grip wrapped in green leather and gold wire, glowing with a pale emerald light. There are markings and engravings that are unlike anything you've seen on a sword before.

Last edited:
Eko comes in and uses his prepared read magic on the sword

!roll 1d20+1? #Read magic

[trigger]Read magic: 4 = [3] + 1[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #602[/trigger]

Let me see if I can figure out what makes this sword special.

!roll 1d20+11? #Spellcraft on sword

[trigger]Spellcraft on sword: 15 = [4] + 11[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #603[/trigger]

[trigger]1d8+1: 6[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #604[/trigger]

Eko: You are unable to decipher what is written on the sword

Kiryu: You are able to determine it is a +1 Longsword, that is also affected by a Light spell, that is permanent.

Maura tries to determine if the trail went to the house or the well.
What was being dragged if there was just one of these things?
!roll 1d20 #Survival

[trigger]Survival: 2[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #606[/trigger]

Variel stays near the well, listening in case the creature decides to stay climbing back up.

!roll 1d20+6 #perception

[trigger]perception: 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #607[/trigger]

Variel: You can hear reeching followed by a soft thud as the creature falls partway to the bottom. Based on the sound, you estimate the well is 100-150ft deep with no water at the bottom.

Eko steps back outside and tries to discern whether the drag trail went into the cottage or past it

!roll 1d20+3? #survival

[trigger]survival: 21 = [18] + 3[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #610[/trigger]

Eko: You can determine that it was the casks of wine that were dragged.

Variel: The well has fresh cut stones that still lack weathering, as well as a new rope and bucket.

Last edited:
That must have been some good wine...

Maybe we should cover the well before we leave? I wouldn't want that climbing back out while we are away, and I don't think following it is a good idea. Perhaps the table from inside and something heavy on it?

Maura tries to evaluate if her idea is feasible with whatever wood is built around the well.

Good idea. This well seems too new to already be dry. Something else had to have done this.

Variel looks around for a suitably heavy object to cover the well.

!roll 1d20+6 #perception

[trigger]perception [/COLOR]: 21[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #614[/trigger]

Though if you think about it... that thing deliberately went down the well. I don't know about you but even on my most adventurous drinking nights I haven't made that poor of a decision...

Perhaps the residents were in the process of digging the well and uncovered something... or it was never meant to actually function in the first place?

The tabletop is roughly the same diameter as the well, and would fit nicely over the top of it. As far as things on the ground that are heavy, what you see on the map is what you get. I will note you have a full tool building and blacksmith at your disposal in the town. Making something crude would be a Survival check, something more substantial would take an appropriate crafting check. I'll give a quite a lot of leeway to be creative here, so long as you can describe what you are doing, and how you are doing it.

Do you guys figure a blacksmith's anvil might be heavy enough? Those things are massive.

Variel: I forgot you speak Azlanti. You would recognize the writing on the +1 Longsword as being Azlanti. The writing notes the makers name, and the name and station of the person the sword was made for. Knowledge History to discern any knowledge from it.

It certainly would help. If you think there's time, I could try making some alchemical glue, but I think we want to find a solution that will be a little wicket than that.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(8317 Online 559 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom