[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception in the house: 24

    For: Kiryu Re: #600
     
  2. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The cottage appears in good condition, being the first house you've seen with proper furniture. Underneath the table you find small barrels of wine, each with a symbol burned into the side. You have preciously discerned this is the holy symbol of Erastil. Tucked under the mattress you find source of Ekos transmutation aura. A longsword with a grip wrapped in green leather and gold wire, glowing with a pale emerald light. There are markings and engravings that are unlike anything you've seen on a sword before.
     
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko comes in and uses his prepared read magic on the sword

    !roll 1d20+1? #Read magic
     
  4. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Read magic: 4 = [3] + 1

    For: VintagePC Re: #602
     
  5. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Let me see if I can figure out what makes this sword special.

    !roll 1d20+11? #Spellcraft on sword
     
  6. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spellcraft on sword: 15 = [4] + 11

    For: Kiryu Re: #603
     
  7. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura casts CLW on herself.

    !roll 1d8+1
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    1d8+1: 6

    For: theLumberJack Re: #604
     
  9. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: You are unable to decipher what is written on the sword

    Kiryu: You are able to determine it is a +1 Longsword, that is also affected by a Light spell, that is permanent.
     
  10. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura tries to determine if the trail went to the house or the well.
    What was being dragged if there was just one of these things?
    !roll 1d20 #Survival
     
  11. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Survival: 2

    For: theLumberJack Re: #606
     
  12. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel stays near the well, listening in case the creature decides to stay climbing back up.

    !roll 1d20+6 #perception
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 22

    For: Srekcins Re: #607
     
  14. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You can hear reeching followed by a soft thud as the creature falls partway to the bottom. Based on the sound, you estimate the well is 100-150ft deep with no water at the bottom.
     
  15. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Does the well look as recently dug as the buildings or had it been here awhile?
     
  16. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko steps back outside and tries to discern whether the drag trail went into the cottage or past it

    !roll 1d20+3? #survival
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    survival: 21 = [18] + 3

    For: VintagePC Re: #610
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: You can determine that it was the casks of wine that were dragged.

    Variel: The well has fresh cut stones that still lack weathering, as well as a new rope and bucket.
     
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  19. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    That must have been some good wine...
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maybe we should cover the well before we leave? I wouldn't want that climbing back out while we are away, and I don't think following it is a good idea. Perhaps the table from inside and something heavy on it?

    Maura tries to evaluate if her idea is feasible with whatever wood is built around the well.
     
  21. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Good idea. This well seems too new to already be dry. Something else had to have done this.

    Variel looks around for a suitably heavy object to cover the well.

    !roll 1d20+6 #perception
     
  22. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception [/COLOR]: 21

    For: Srekcins Re: #614
     
  23. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Though if you think about it... that thing deliberately went down the well. I don't know about you but even on my most adventurous drinking nights I haven't made that poor of a decision...

    Perhaps the residents were in the process of digging the well and uncovered something... or it was never meant to actually function in the first place?
     
  24. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The tabletop is roughly the same diameter as the well, and would fit nicely over the top of it. As far as things on the ground that are heavy, what you see on the map is what you get. I will note you have a full tool building and blacksmith at your disposal in the town. Making something crude would be a Survival check, something more substantial would take an appropriate crafting check. I'll give a quite a lot of leeway to be creative here, so long as you can describe what you are doing, and how you are doing it.
     
  25. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Do you guys figure a blacksmith's anvil might be heavy enough? Those things are massive.
     
  26. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: I forgot you speak Azlanti. You would recognize the writing on the +1 Longsword as being Azlanti. The writing notes the makers name, and the name and station of the person the sword was made for. Knowledge History to discern any knowledge from it.
     
  27. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    It certainly would help. If you think there's time, I could try making some alchemical glue, but I think we want to find a solution that will be a little wicket than that.
     
  28. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+9 #history
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice