[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    history: 26

    For: Srekcins Re: #620
     
  2. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You don't recognize the name of the maker or the person who the blade was made for. The person's title indicates they were a lower ranking officer in the Azlanti military, this sword was probably given to the officer upon receiving his commission. This would make the sword over 10,000 years old, though it is still in pristine condition. Wherever this was first found, there are most likely more Azlanti artifacts.
     
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  3. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will relay that information to everyone else.
     
  4. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Hmm, an ancient sword. I would very much like to know where this was found, and I wonder if this is why everyone disappeared. I hope they didn't activate some artifact that caused everyone to just leave this place.

    Did any of the books we found say anything about nearby ruins?
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: That would require you to go back and read the Colony Log books again
     
  6. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Let's get that well covered and then go check the colony log. Eko, help me with this table it should fit over the well. We'll need something to cover it

    Maura waits for help with the table and then will move it to cover the well

     
  7. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko helps Maura with the table.
     
  8. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will try to haul the two barrels from inside the house onto the table.

    What do you guys think? Should we go check the log or finish with these buildings?
     
  9. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko aids Maura with the barrels if necessary.

    I'm in favor of the logs; but we can check some houses on the way. It's starting to sound more and more like the villagers might have uncovered something that caused this
     
  10. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    At worst, the logs are of no help, but i think the chance they would be of assistance is worth it.

    And I remembered I get free inspiration die on knowledge checks.
     
  11. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will head with the group back to the building in the square with the logs.
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Please make a perception check once you are back to read the books again.
     
  13. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Eko, if you want, we can keep searching the buildings while they read the books. If we come across anything dangerous, we can retreat to the main building .
     
  14. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will use 1 of her 5 inspiration die for the day to search the logs.

    !roll 1d20+1d6+6? #inspired perception
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    inspired perception: 20 = [11] + [3] + 6

    For: Srekcins Re: #633
     
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel & Maura: It will take you an hour to read through, once everyone has posted what they are doing during this hour, I will post your results
     
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will continue going to the remaining buildings. He will cast detect magic in the ones that have stuff in them and search for books or documents. He is only interested in taking the diary and journals that he finds and will not take other items.

    if no one wants the sword, Kiryu will take that as well.
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu and Eko: I have had you guys search the nearest 6 houses as that would take about an hour. The only building of note is the one at DA 32, which also contains more furnishings and full array of farming tools.

    Maura and Variel: Reading through the daily log book of the actives of the colonists (the book that is missing several pages that were cut out), you notice the book has something magical about it. You find no entries that mention Azlanti sites or artifacts.
     
  19. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko joins back up with Maura and asks if they found anything.

    (I'm guessing they'll tell me, so pre-emptive spellcraft to try to determine what's magic about the book)

    !roll 1d20 #spellcraft
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    spellcraft: 20

    For: VintagePC Re: #637
     
  21. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+1d6+8 #spellcraft
     
  22. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    spellcraft: 12

    For: Srekcins Re: #638
     
  23. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The time is now late afternoon, you have about 4-5 hours of daylight left. You guys comb over the book until you find something on the inside of the back cover. An invisible arcane mark, two words are written "Plum Tree".
     
  24. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Hmm, does anyone recall seeing such a tree, or an orchard?
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice