[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will take the empty spot and has no problem with the proposed path.
     
  2. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    !roll 1d20+7 #Perception Eko
    !roll 1d20+7 #Perception Kiryu
    !roll 1d20+0 #Perception Maura
    !roll 1d20+6 #Perception Variel
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception Eko: 14

    Perception Kiryu: 25

    Perception Maura: 11

    Perception Variel: 11

    For: Statboy Re: #722
     
  4. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As you are traveling north out of Talmandors Bounty, staying close to shore. Kiryu notices a rustling in the bushes, at the base of two Palm tree's (the two NE of your position). You can't make out want is there, but you can tell it is small in size, and there are two of them.
     
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  5. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Hold up guys, we aren't alone.

    Hello to you at the palm trees. We aren't hostile, so there is no need to hide from us.

    I'll wait a minute and repeat the second line in Aquan if there is no response.
     
  6. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko knows he's crap at diplomacy, so peers at the trees and tries to appear as nonthreatening as possible.

    (To party, quietly:)

    More Ghost Hater tribesmen?
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    At the sound of your voice, two young boars shuffle into view. They are grunting loudly and pawing at the ground. Though they are not fully grown, they have developed tusks. They are not moving towards you, nor are they backing away.
     
  8. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+8? #nature
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    nature: 15 = [7] + 8

    For: Srekcins Re: #727
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You will be able to understand that these boars are taking a defensive posture, if you take a wide berth around them, and dont startle them, they wont attack.
     
  11. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    They should leave us alone if we just give them a wide berth.
     
  12. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Probably a good idea; I'm not a nature expert but if they're young then their mother and/or more of them are probably nearby....
     
  13. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura slowly cuts down to the sand of the beach and then continues forward to take a wide berth.
     
  14. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Lead the way and I’ll follow your path.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    After a few hours of travel you come across the place were the small river meets the ocean. You do not see any people, or any sign of it being crowded for that matter. The only thing different about this part of the island is the small river. How would you like to proceed, be advised than any perception checks pertaining to the river will require you to approach closer first (I wanted to start you far enough back, that you choose your approach, since your RP'd gave you obvious reason's to be wary).
     
  16. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    I'm going to try to sneak up there and have a look around.

    !roll 1d20+4 #sneak
    !roll 1d20+6 #perception
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    sneak: 14

    perception: 21

    For: Srekcins Re: #734
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As you approach you peer around, the river is moving slowly, but is actually quite deep, considering its narrow width. As the river approaches the beach it gets both shallower and faster.
     
  19. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will just wait for the results of the search. Hopefully there is no ambush and we can use rope to help cross the river.
     
  20. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko also waits, knowing he's terrible at moving silently. (dat -4 stealth, yo) but with crossbow at the ready in case Variel is in danger
     
  21. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You guys have the results of Variels perception
     
  22. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Well, I don't see anything that stands out, but I didn't get too close. I guess we can cross at one of the shallower spots or we could go upriver to see if there's a bridge.
     
  23. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Lets head upstream a bit. If we can't easily cross here and there are no signs of a dock for a boat to cross, then it is unlikely anyone else did either - we'd have better chance of finding signs of their passing by looking for where they would have crossed...
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice