[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

[trigger]swim: 18 = [15] + 3[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #60[/trigger]

[trigger]swim: 7[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #61[/trigger]

Maura surfaces and says.

Row over to that dock, I'll meet you guys over there. I'll keep an eye out for more of these tentacle beasts.

Maura swims for the dock. E46->E49->Y60, then east towards the land. Trying not to get too far away from the boat.

The 4 of you remaining at the boat successfully navigate it to the dock. Because I forgot after Kiryu posted it. You find a small sized spear on each Grindylow, they do not seem magical.

Look guys, I found two me sized spears. There wasn't anything else, so I guess they were just out looking for food.

When the boat arrives at the dock, Kiryu gathers his gear, then looks around for anything that stands out as odd or out of place.

!roll 1d20+7? #perception

[trigger]perception: 17 = [10] + 7[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #66[/trigger]

Kiryu's Perception:
You feel like there should be other boats in the dock, or at least nearby, but the only boat you've spotted is a sunken canoe. As you look harder you see there is no obvious hole in the canoe

Maura will swim over and look for anything of interest in the canoe.

!roll 1d20 #Perception check to investigate canoe

[trigger]Perception check to investigate canoe: 18[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: theLumberJack Re: #68[/trigger]

Maura Perception:
Swimming closer and looking, you find a small hole in the canoe, you are able to tell that the hole was made from inside the canoe, rather than from the underside. This indicates that the hole was not made from striking a rock, rather it appears deliberate made to sink the canoe. You think it could be patched up with relatively little skill, if it were dragged to the surface.

Alkonost, reaching the dock, will slough his wet robes and unfold his massive wings with a shake. Satisfied that he'd shed the water from his down, Alk will take a closer look at Talmandor's Bounty from the dock

!roll 1d20+7 #perception

[trigger]perception: 20[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Alkonost Re: #70[/trigger]

It's possible, Alkonost. We were attacked when we got away from the main ship. Some of those creatures could have pushed people inland. The lack of other boats in the area, however, could mean that people were forced to leave by sea.

Hey, from here that boat looks like it is still usable. If that is the case, we should consider pulling it up just in case we need it.

Did anyone bring any rope? Eko? I could tie it to the canoe and we could drag it onto the beach.

Alkonost Perception: The path ahead of you slopes upward 10 feet past the sand. From this vantage point you can see no more than a partially constructed section of pallisade wall, and the backs of a few buildings. A few tents, some standing some not are outside the southwest corner of the square.

Eko pulls a rope from his pack and hands one end to Maura, while holding the other end in preparation to pull the canoe.

Kiryu goes to assist Eko with pulling the canoe out of the water.

I can't imaging that will be easy. I'll come help you out.

Hands a section of rope to Kiryu

Maura tries to tie the rope around the bow and then stern of the canoe, then assists by pushing the canoe.

Since everything is already wet, I might as well help out.

Variel lays her pack down on the shore, places everything but her small clothes out to dry, swims out to the canoe, and starts pushing.

As soon as the canoe begins to move Maura falls unconscious. Variel feels an odd sensation but is otherwise unaffected. With the help of a 27 spellcraft check, Variel understands that both Maura and herself were hit by a sleep spell (which Variel is immune to and Maura nat 1'd her will save). You cannot see where it originated from, but no one is currently under attack.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(5369 Online 260 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom