[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    swim: 18 = [15] + 3

    For: Alkonost Re: #60
     
  2. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Edited// sorry my first swim roll wasn’t loading for me, didn’t realize it went through.
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    swim: 7

    For: Alkonost Re: #61
     
  4. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel untangles herself from the arms of the creature and returns to the boat.
     
  5. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura surfaces and says.

    Row over to that dock, I'll meet you guys over there. I'll keep an eye out for more of these tentacle beasts.

    Maura swims for the dock. E46->E49->Y60, then east towards the land. Trying not to get too far away from the boat.
     
  6. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel begins rowing the boat to the dock Maura pointed to.
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The 4 of you remaining at the boat successfully navigate it to the dock. Because I forgot after Kiryu posted it. You find a small sized spear on each Grindylow, they do not seem magical.
     
  8. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Look guys, I found two me sized spears. There wasn't anything else, so I guess they were just out looking for food.

    When the boat arrives at the dock, Kiryu gathers his gear, then looks around for anything that stands out as odd or out of place.

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 17 = [10] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #66
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu's Perception:
    You feel like there should be other boats in the dock, or at least nearby, but the only boat you've spotted is a sunken canoe. As you look harder you see there is no obvious hole in the canoe
     
  11. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will swim over and look for anything of interest in the canoe.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception check to investigate canoe
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception check to investigate canoe: 18

    For: theLumberJack Re: #68
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura Perception:
    Swimming closer and looking, you find a small hole in the canoe, you are able to tell that the hole was made from inside the canoe, rather than from the underside. This indicates that the hole was not made from striking a rock, rather it appears deliberate made to sink the canoe. You think it could be patched up with relatively little skill, if it were dragged to the surface.
     
  14. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost, reaching the dock, will slough his wet robes and unfold his massive wings with a shake. Satisfied that he'd shed the water from his down, Alk will take a closer look at Talmandor's Bounty from the dock

    !roll 1d20+7 #perception
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 20

    For: Alkonost Re: #70
     
  16. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Is this is why the colony is empty, danger from the sea pushed them in?
     
  17. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    It's possible, Alkonost. We were attacked when we got away from the main ship. Some of those creatures could have pushed people inland. The lack of other boats in the area, however, could mean that people were forced to leave by sea.

    Hey, from here that boat looks like it is still usable. If that is the case, we should consider pulling it up just in case we need it.
     
  18. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Did anyone bring any rope? Eko? I could tie it to the canoe and we could drag it onto the beach.
     
  19. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost Perception: The path ahead of you slopes upward 10 feet past the sand. From this vantage point you can see no more than a partially constructed section of pallisade wall, and the backs of a few buildings. A few tents, some standing some not are outside the southwest corner of the square.
     
  20. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko pulls a rope from his pack and hands one end to Maura, while holding the other end in preparation to pull the canoe.
     
  21. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu goes to assist Eko with pulling the canoe out of the water.

    I can't imaging that will be easy. I'll come help you out.
     
  22. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Hands a section of rope to Kiryu
     
  23. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura tries to tie the rope around the bow and then stern of the canoe, then assists by pushing the canoe.
     
  24. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Since everything is already wet, I might as well help out.

    Variel lays her pack down on the shore, places everything but her small clothes out to dry, swims out to the canoe, and starts pushing.
     
  25. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As soon as the canoe begins to move Maura falls unconscious. Variel feels an odd sensation but is otherwise unaffected. With the help of a 27 spellcraft check, Variel understands that both Maura and herself were hit by a sleep spell (which Variel is immune to and Maura nat 1'd her will save). You cannot see where it originated from, but no one is currently under attack.
     
    • It's a trap! It's a trap! x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice